Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Be it your wife/girl friend/significant other or your kids, do they participate in the sport as well?
In years gone by my wife did ride but due to health problems over the last couple of years she's more content to stay at home. I think she enjoys the peace and quiet, especially when my son goes with me.
My son up to last year (he's turned seven in June) rode with me on a limited basis as we never seemed to be able to keep him warm enough. That all changed last season when he rode 12-1400 of my 2300 total miles. I didn't think it possible but he may be a bigger "sled head" than his dad. Even though it means toning down my riding style when he's aboard I wouldn't have it any other way.
:) :) :)
Rick.

·
Registered
404 Posts
wife just bought her own sled a few weeks back, so I guess she has the bug also :D

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
i take my girlfriend with me if she wants to come the odd time. But she don't come much. Just say when we do the 100 mile round trip to a lodge for wings a couple times a winter.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Wife has her own sled and rides with us most of the time. She like to enjoy the scenery on her rides so I wait for her to catch up at the crossroads, unless the trails are busy then I stick right with her just incase. She doesn't mind at all. :)

·
Registered
959 Posts
i took one of my gf's with me once she dident like it much said she go to cold.. then i have had others that love it and have their own sled

·
Registered
7 Posts
for us it's a famliy sport (if you call it a sport but thats another tread) wife son 13, douther 11, go out every weekend we can.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
My wife's from Arizona, so I thought she might not care for it, but she really enjoys it. She's had to miss the last couple years because of the kids being so small (someone has to stay behind to take care of them :D ), but she's getting back to it this year.

·
Registered
2,037 Posts
She loves sledding and will go most of time, and there is the times when just the guys go out for a rip and leave the girls home.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
mr670 I really hope your wife doesnt find out. !!!

Doo you really think I'd let Permafrost leave without me :hallo6:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have been trying to get the wife to come with for years and even offered the ultimate sacrifice.....a luxury two seater!! :nervous: And can you believe she STILL said no!! So now I just ride with the misstress.LOL :devil:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
my g-f just bought a 2003 renegade 600,its her 1st sled and shes so excited about getting into sledding,shes done it before but has never owned one

·
Registered
657 Posts
I got my wife and kids hooked.My wife didn't like it at first but she's in love with it now,the kids want they're own ZR120's. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
2,422 Posts
NOT A CHANCE!!!!! :cussing:

·
Coming 2 a Trail near You
2,267 Posts
My ex girfriend went last year and wasnt holdin on...she fractured 3 vertebrae in her back and never fell off the machine... This year i am debating wether or not to bring the new one... She seems very interested. I would prefer to let her drive by herself but with no experience that could make for a frustrating weekend. Weekends pounding 200+ on the trail and pounding more in the cabin are what i like most.hehehe

·
Registered
483 Posts
My wife has never gone, but this year she did agree to give it a try....at least just once. If she likes it, is that good or bad for me ???

1 - 20 of 33 Posts