Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone re use a part for something cause you saved it for one reason or another ? I did .
While looking in the box for something I thought was in there and was side tracked......

One 121 end cap from the 136 mod
[attachment=37795:100_0645.jpg]
A cut here ,a cut there,
[attachment=37796:100_0631.jpg]
And now I have a set of these!
[attachment=37797:100_0635.jpg]
saved me 40 bucks :D

mutt

·
Super Moderator
3,958 Posts
snofrog might have 2 extra rox grips that would work great on that. He wanted 4 and I gave him all 6 off my parts sled. give you just a little traction, or you could do the nuts that have the lock.. cant think of the name but the ones that you lose skin from your knuckles if they are reversed.

·
10,054 Posts
glad to know I am not the only one keeping things that will probably ever get used again,,, man, when I am gone, someone is gonna wonder why I kept all that stuff!!!

·
Registered
602 Posts
Have you ever priced rew aluminum? or steel? Up here in Alaska it is expensive. I am using a broken shaft for a fish whomping stick, one whack and they are DEAD!

·
Registered
281 Posts
Nice job! :thumbsup: People say I collect too much junk, I see hidden potential. :D

I made some handguards out of an old 5 gallon bucket,

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Ok, I'll bite....What are they?[/b]
He told me they are heat deflectors for the twin turbos. :lmao: :lmao:

Serioulsy they are back foot rests for hill climbing and playing in the powder ect....tail dance steps if you will.

Snow4

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have a ? .. you think its ok to drill some escape holes in the foot board in front of them? The way there set is right behind the axle bracket and if I drill a few holes in front of it will it weaken the board to much. On the gades there is cut outs farther back then the 121's since the gades axle is back more (longer boards). I was thinking of the bolt idea like budda said for grip , but ouch those things hurt when polishing , plus with the bolt idea snow and ice would get locked in more too being in a corner so to speak.
I was not going to go to happy on the holes just a few to help let some of the build -up escape, 3 or so 1/2" holes . I do have some grip tape I was thinking of but that wont do to much other than making it look good theres to much snow build up there in that area.

mutt

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
Good job Mutt

I am trying to come up with somthing to widen my boards on my 00 MXZ I have an old tunnel from one of my old MERC's just need to find a round tuit :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,695 Posts
Good job Mutt

I am trying to come up with somthing to widen my boards on my 00 MXZ I have an old tunnel from one of my old MERC's just need to find a round tuit :rolleyes:[/b]

Yep, know what you are saying. I loose my round tuit all of the time. Never can find it when I need it the most!!!!

btw...NICE JOB RICK! I LIKEY! It gives me some ideas!

Brian

·
Registered
4,869 Posts
Ok what can I do with a trailing arm of a 95 FZ 583,stock can off a 98 ZR/ZL500,,idlers off 92-96 C7 rear skid,a used primary and rear springs of my ZR?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Ok what can I do with a trailing arm of a 95 FZ 583,stock can off a 98 ZR/ZL500,a used primary and rear springs of my ZR?[/b]
I don't know, just DON'T throw them away.. lol

Snow4

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Nice job! :thumbsup: People say I collect too much junk, I see hidden potential. :D
I made some handguards out of an old 5 gallon bucket,

[/b]
:thumbsup: [attachment=37831:clapping.gif] :thumbsup:

Love it !

snow4

Attachments

·
Registered
361 Posts
you guys are like macgyver, now what can you do with a tooth pick, a tube sock, and a soda bottle?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts