Snowmobile World banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There was a post a long time ago about neon lights for under the sled does anyone remember any info about this? I was thinking of maybe yellow for my GADE

·
Registered
546 Posts
LADYk: Us your seach engine and type in "snowglow" it is a company in the states thats sells them specifically for snowmobiles. If you get any info please post it i was looking at them a while back thanks.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
FAST in Eveleth MN sold them for a while too.

LadyK you put those things on your sled, you'll have to lower the suspension & seat, black out the windshield & put in a stereo we can hear & feel 3 miles away.  

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I was looking at some neon lights the other day for my motorized Scooter, I think the website was This, Pretty neat stuff.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I've been thinking of turning my sled into a christmas tree as well.. But I came to the conclusion that if I'd put neon bars underneath it nobody would ever see them, because they'd be covered with snow all the time. Just a thought...

·
Registered
546 Posts
i have a 2000 mach and would like the vent ones that are shown on the snow glow web sight.

·
Registered
959 Posts

·
Registered
530 Posts
Let me guess ski-dood....you already have these lights on your Honda civic?
The neon lights may look stupid, but it gives the rest of us something to laugh at.  

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
Ladyk, dont listen to them, i also happen to like the idea of  having a yellow glow under the gade ! it wood look pretty cool in the trails at night.

If you find any info keep us posted, some of us are actualy really intrested !

Last edited by DanR at May 12, 2002, 9:34pm

·
Registered
546 Posts
stubby: don't own them but might get a set. Appearantly you must illiterate too, as i said i was looking at them in my previous post.

oh gade = my guess ohhh renagade

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Chubby: LadyK rides a Renegade.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
When they moved the site I think some of the old posts got deleted.  I put orange lights under my hood and running boards this winter and it looked great.  At night the ones under the running boards really glow off the snow and even when covered with ice still show up nice.  I had pics but lost them somewhere.  Any way what most of the guys in that post along with myself did was go to the truckstop or local hardware store and buy clearence lights.  They come in a variety colors and models.  For the running board lights I used one with a metal shield.  It didn't even break when I totaled my sled.  Under the hood I used a double bulb light.  If you have any more questions ask away.

·
Registered
308 Posts
  I use two purple round mood lights behind the hood screens on my cat  I used the kind that have a selfadheisive backing and need no ground wire.  They are avalible at most truck stops or trailer supply stores.  or a truck parts store like a kenworth or peterbuilt dealer in there parts department.  I like the no ground wire type because there is not much metal on the hood of a snowmobile.   Makes my cat look like it has glowing eyes.  the other plus to those lights is they are a low voltage.  so if you want you can use more of them and still don;t have as much current draw.

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanx for all the tips. I will check this out and keep ya posted Dan. I just got back from niagara falls. My best friend and I were there for a 2 night 3 day holiday for mothers day from our hubbys.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I had a set on an Arctic Cat once when Cat offered them in their accessory catalog. They looked cool enough. Then one time when we were out riding on a day when there had been a light rain the night before. It then froze and made a thick crust of icy snow on top of the snow. We took off thru a field of that stuff and the ice shattered my lights under the running boards. They had a pretty thick protective tube around them too. That was an expensive lesson.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts