Snowmobile World banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the first to admit my wife goes well beyond the word understanding when it comes to me and sledding. She never complains about what I buy for the sled (within reason of course) and has come to expect I'll be away every weekend when theres riding. I've also been know to sneak a mid week ride (or two) as theres good riding less than an hour away from home. Last winter I spent spring break in New Liskeard riding with my son during his time off. Yes I generally sneak off when ever possible and its OK with her. Its been know to cost me the bill for a "weekend clothing shopping spree" but hey its all good and only fair.
I appreciate her even more when I listen to the stories from different riding partners about their "family discussions" when asking/begging to go riding.
How does your other half cope with you being a sled head?
Of course this discussion would also apply to any gals that ride and their male counterparts don't.

Rick.

P.S. Am I the king of disclaimers or what!!!

·
Registered
154 Posts
If it's not something we both enjoy, it's a big waste of money and familly time. But I can deal with that. I just don't get LUCKY much during fall and winter!!!! :inlove: :inlove: :inlove:

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
My wife can't believe how my addiction to sledding is getting worse as I get older...I guess it's because income goes up so I can afford more now. She knows I will have 2 or 3 trips/season, and doesn't have a problem with it. She understands this is something I've done almost all my life, and won't give it up. I couldn't ask for more when it comes to this. I couldn't imagine having to beg for sledding trips...that would be a problem.

·
Registered
479 Posts
Well I'm 20 and have dating my girl for over 2 years...we talk about getting married and having kids :)

We were at the Milwaukee Show and she kept saying how this will look good on our little boy and this would look good on our girl. And how are boy can have matching stuff like daddy and the girl the same as mommy.

My girl doesn't sled yet...I've had her on the trails a couple of times and she doesn't mind it, but driving her own sled is something she's slowly going to try.

As for trips...same as my fall hunt(grouse hunting in cable, wi.) and deer season hunt also in cable...she knows those are the guy weekends...but in turn she also has her shopping trips

Either way I LOVE HER :inlove:

·
Registered
2,908 Posts
Before I became the sled head I am now, I was very understanding. In the winter of 95-96 I think Permafrost only came home to get clean clothes and more money. He was gone almost all winter riding. Now of course I have been bitten by the bug as well so I am usually with him. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
310 Posts
ahhhhhhhhhh the freedom of not being married!! LOL. There is deff. some school days missed for me to go sledding. me and hbomb go sledding EVERY DAY.

·
Registered
1,736 Posts
If'n I ever do get married (of course, I need to look), she'd have to be pretty much a carbon copy of LadyK in the sledhead department! I'd go nuts having to fight with the S.O. to be able to go play. :hallo3:

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
My wife tried to complain once about me going out. I offered to take her with, she said no, and I said I'll see ya when I'm done riding. :p Nobody can keep me from my sled accept a direct order from the pres., literaly!haha

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
My wife is pretty good,the last 6 years we have always had a infant at home so she didn't go out much but let me go without to much fussing.
Now the youngest is almost 2 so they can stay with a sitter she wants me to get her a sled,well I think she needs one .
She would be happy with the Cheetah but I think she needs a nice reliable Cougar so I can go get a ZR or something :p

·
Registered
657 Posts
My wife's great.We're up north most of the winter at the cottage and if she's got something going on here at home she doesn't have a problem with me going without her. :hallo9:

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
mines pretty good, but it always cost me a dinner out after the trips.

FishHog

P.S. not as good a you though LadyK. :inlove:

1 - 11 of 11 Posts