Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fighting with Doo for way way to long on my sled..........I am getting 4 miles to the gallon MAX...yes its true 4 miles to the gallon...................45 mile to a tank.....That is not even close to acceptable and they say they dont have a problem and have no fix for it........for christ sake the thing blows blue flames out the exhaust.....you think its a little fat? :cussing: They wont reprogram the mpem or dpm on my 02 but funny thing is they arent having the problem on the 03' s Needless to say i am extremley pissed and will be telling evryone i can of the horse#### service i have gotten.........If anyone else has an 02 700 are you having this problem also? :cussing: :cussing: :cussing: SKI DOO!!!!!!!

·
Registered
310 Posts
HEY dont feel as bad, thats what I get if im lucky too. Ive got a 2001 MXZ 600. doo wont do anything about it, neither will the dealer, supposedly the needle update fixed that, but i went riding this week, didnt do ####. i dont know what im gonna do now. probably ride it the way it is.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Try backing off the thumb. Maybe Team Renegade can fill you in on what they get for mileage. Are you doing a lot of powder busting or trail riding?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Do you trust the dealer doing the work? Maybe have another dealer check out the specs on everything. Also, sled modifications and type of riding could reduce economy.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your one of the lucky ones with blue flames comming out the exhaust. I envy you Man!!! :D

Go to a diffrent dealer, tell them your story. They will probably try hard to fix your sled so you will return to them for you next sled purches.

Skidoo cusomer service does not suck. It is by far the best in the industry and infact probably puts most companies to shame. If you cant get the job done by talking to your dealers, Give bombardier a call and they will set them straite.

·
Registered
310 Posts
LOL. well its not cheap to ride, needless to say my mileage is better this year than last. Still not quite upto par, Im sure my mods dont help it any. but.

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Is your sled stock?

Have you tried a different dealer like I suggested?

Check the DPM and make sure none of the lines are pinched. Ladyk's 02 mxz700 sport did not have DPM.
She had the BFS only twice near the end of year. Not sure what her mileage was but it was a bit better than our 800's and alot higher than 4mpg.

Talk to bombardier, i know its hard but keep your cool. Tell them that this is not acceptable. Tell them that you drive with other brands and they are laughing at you and you are going to change brands. Your sled is an 02 correct. If bought in spring you have a 2 year engine warranty. Doesnt sound like your dealer has done a damn thing for you.. what has he done to the sled? IMHO Bombi has the best warranty of any company i have ever dealt with. They have fixed stuff for our buddies and us out of warranty many times, without even a whole lot of complaing /begging , arguing.

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
My '02 MX-Z 600 was real bad on fuel last year as well. Not as bad as 4 mpg though. Near the end of the season I dropped down to 490 mains and took that fancy little washer out from under the needle. Wow what a difference. I'm getting about 130 km's to a tank of fuel. Much better.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Im getting about 150Km to a tank with my MachZ. And my 600 Grand touring would match that.

I think your 600 is using a little to much. How do the plugs look.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Get a new dealer!!!! theres a mileage recall for both the 600 and 800,and I believe the 700 has something available too. Dont know whats involved with the 600 but the dealer contacted a buddy of mine advising to bring it in. IM 100% positive the 800 has a gas mileage kit available, new carb needles and a new secondary spring. A GOOD DEALER WOULD KNOW THIS STUFF!! , and even if there isnt a 700 bulletin from Bombi the dealer should know the procedure for tuning a sled. I drive 3 hours for my sleds and get treated like a king. Service is EVERYTHING boys, if you shopped around to save $100 you deserve what you get.

·
Registered
111 Posts
I had the exact same problem with my 800 renegade last year. I only got 53 miles to a tank...I ran it dry.
I called and #####ed for 2.5 months. THe damn customer service rep was absolutely pathetic. A total #### to me.
We did all the updates and my sled improved a little but still sucked it back and blew flames so bad that I could not fuel up at my local gas station.
So I wrote another letter to bombardier complaining about my sled and the cs rep and he called me back. I told him that I was going to sell the sled and buy a different brand. Then he woke up a bit and now I am riding a Rev 600. Bombardier helped out a little bit, so they say. My dealer was very supportive and sympathetic and now they have a happy customer.

You know what really sucked is that I was the only doo rider in my group and people laughed at my sled and told everyone they new about it. THat sucked, but it was true.
Now everyone is talking about my new sled, only in an envious manner! :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
:devil: I just wanted to say thanks for all the input.......my sled is box stock.........i have had it to many mnay dealers and they all tell me the same thing.its in the mpem and dpm calibration but they cant fix it til Doo gives them the fix......and yes we have talked about rejetting but as of now havent done it....no second year of engine warranty .....and im not burning it down and paying for it out of my own pocket when 7500.00 piece of #### wasnt right from day one. As far as my dealer goes i couldnt ask for a better one.they also have called and talked to the Doo rep with not much more than lip service.......i will update you on what happens as i am about to dial the number to doo AGAIN since the senior customer service rep that i left a voice mail for 2 days ago has failed to call me back!! :cussing:

·
Registered
328 Posts
Last year Lynford was helpful for me. My sled was real late being delivered and I called him up once to find out what was going on. He found out what the deal was and called me back the next day. A couple weeks after delivery he called again just to check up I guess. Rev, what has been your experience with Lynford?

·
Registered
30 Posts
hi i have a 02 gade 700 don`t know mpg, but it`s much better than my buddies xc700, by about a gallon each time we fill up. we are both bone stock. I think it`s good for a 700. Had a prblem with high idle (2400-3400rpm) after 3 trips 2 dealers i tore into it myself and found lots of small black pieces of something inside. Now it idles fine. never had dpm or mpem problems. IMO you not only need a good dealer you need a good carb. mechanic good luck

·
Registered
108 Posts
What's the phone # for doo cust. service? I'd like to call and see why my spring order REV isn't in yet :cussing:

·
Registered
876 Posts
I am having the same problem with mileage. 02 800 Legend SE. Last year was getting around 120 km a tank. The dealer did the mods to the DPM and needle. Mileage is now about 150 km to a tank. BUT MY TOP END HAS GONE DOWN BY 30 F***EN KM/H. A 600 CAN BEAT ME IN TOP END NOW. Sent a letter to Ski-doo and I am waiting for a reply. Also talking to my dealer. Sled is completely stock. And I have the 2 year warranty.

If I wanted to be close to a 600 I would have bought a 600, I bought the 800 to blow the 600 away.

will post ski-doo's reply when I get it.

·
Registered
387 Posts
sorry to hear you are having such problems.

immediatly, take it to another dealer!! I cannot stress that enough-

post your location, I am sure someone here or on RSS can steer you to a knowledgeable/reputable dealer in yor area...

a good dealer is more important than the brand you buy! sounds like your dealer sucks... (if your post is accurate, then doo ain't looking too good either!!)

come-on doo!

Note: I have an 800X and was nervous after reading all the posts about last years 800's, mine is routinely getting 12.66 MPG with aggressive trail riding. So clearly there is a fix available! Its the same motor! Assuming you did NO mods.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Originally posted by doo rider@Jan 20 2003, 05:31 PM
I am having the same problem with mileage. 02 800 Legend SE. Last year was getting around 120 km a tank. The dealer did the mods to the DPM and needle. Mileage is now about 150 km to a tank. BUT MY TOP END HAS GONE DOWN BY 30 F***EN KM/H. A 600 CAN BEAT ME IN TOP END NOW. Sent a letter to Ski-doo and I am waiting for a reply. Also talking to my dealer. Sled is completely stock. And I have the 2 year warranty.

If I wanted to be close to a 600 I would have bought a 600, I bought the 800 to blow the 600 away.

will post ski-doo's reply when I get it.
i,m having the same problem last year i could do almost 185 km,s had the updates done and had it to 165km . :cussing: :cussing:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts