Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How slow can you go. this guy barely made it he was only dooin bout 20 kliks. But he did doo it three times.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
permafrost,
 how much does it cost to drag a sled out of the water ?

ps, i only use an axe to split wood not murder put in your location. LOL

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Its big money if you sink at dorset. $500 minimum hook up to send a diver down. Up to a thousand if its tricky , down deep. When ladyK sunk the form 500 last year inbetween big and little redstone  our dealer came and fished it out for free.After that it cost $450 to fix er up. She put 300 kliks on it the next day.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Man, that looks like a blast. Sure would hate to sink one though. Sounds like it could be pricey

·
Registered
72 Posts
First I was jealus just fom seeing you ride, then to top it off you go & show snow on that last pic. you're so cruel!!
I didn't know they maid black sea doo's?  

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Yeah...here $500 is a minimum for getting one out.  My brother's truck rolled into a river  
 and I think it costed around that.  Nice pics!  Do you mind if I join in with my 97' MXZ 440 FAN?? Lol

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I usually hit the water at anywhere between 20 and 40 kliks then accelerate to 80 or so. The water at dorset is somewhere around .5 to .75 kms.

·
Registered
394 Posts
hey permafrost how's the snow at chandos lake? my buddy has a cabin(hunt camp) on mountain lake just north of chandos. let me know i need to ride in snow insted of rain

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well everything was up to par including most lakes until this warm snap.  I live near moutain lake Fridgee. Right now it is a balmy 6 degrees out . We still have snow but the lakes are slush and topwater. and the trails took a beating  Back in the bush it is still OK. I don't know about a speed record on water JETrep but would be willing to try. Sounds like a new category for the guiness book of world records.

here's a pic from this morning

·
Registered
448 Posts
World record for distance is 62 or 67 km's (1 of those, can't remeber for sure).   Basically the guy must of run out of gas! As for speed hitting the water, unless you're on a Doo, don't even think about going 20 km's!!  Well some Polaris's might make it.  Each sled is different.

·
Registered
394 Posts
hey permafrost, looks good at least u have some snow still
 thanks for the input. the camp we stay at is LINKS hunt camp just off hilker road by hogan lake road maybe see ya around  

1 - 20 of 23 Posts