Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looking for most "bang for your buck" big bore kit that is most at home on the trail.....OR...I have heard of people putting tripp's in the zx,do they run tripple pipes or?? dose this work good??Thanks

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey Malchum,
   Looks like another ZX conversion canidate.
DooingVT,
 I'm going to be doing a zx conversion and I can give you all the info I've recieved from the guys on this site. I have the info for a company out of Canada that sells the entire conversion kit for $1600 CA so about $1100 US. PM or email me.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Malchum,
   I'm starting my own branch with the mortgage company i work for so no time for real. And I lost 2500 on a deal last week with really hurt.  I'll resume my project at the end of august or the first of sept. I will be Dooing it this winter.
Caleb

·
Registered
230 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That tripple turbo is pretty wild!! I dont think I want to go to that extreme,though it would be fun !!! Has anyone dealt with the CRANK SHOP ? I never have.does anyone have or know anyone who runs one of their kits?? or how pricy they are?
Thanks guys!

Saw this sled on E-bay....thaought it looked pretty sharp

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Malchum,
   A guy who got banned last fall after he challenged machzMan and others informed me that the trip you posted isn't a zx chassis. he pointed out all sorts of things on it that are the old chassis. I guess it's real easy to mount a zx belly pan and hood.  Eveyone looking for the info will have to wait till sat for me to find the infi and possibly till monday,Sorry. Oh and that flame paint job on the turbo sled only cost $400 Canadian dollars!!!!!!!! i about died when they told me that. I may have the guy do some painting for me! And whoever asked about Crank Shop know that they rock period.
Caleb

·
Registered
0 Posts
Interesting! I'm guessing he said it was a S-chassis with
the exterior cosmetics of the ZX. Would like to hear your
(or his) thoughts on this. What was his forum name?

Do you have any sources for air brushing a hood that you
have found? Looking for some one local to paint my hood
for me. Then just need to come up with a scheme.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Whoever is interested in the MXZ700 Big Bore, PM me and I can set you on the right track.

As far as the tripple sled pictured, it is a aftermarket chassis i believe. Whatever it is, it is not a stock ZX chassis. It lookes like Tison to me. The gas tank looks Polaris, and lots of stuff behind the airbox doesn't look Doo.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
The company builds extemely high end mojntain stuff. There used sleds are going for $12,000 to $21,000 usd. It ws a s-chassis and good eye for the polaris tank, I  wondered if any one would catch that.  I'm going to be back home in the morning and at that time I'll find all the info for you guys that have pm'd and emailed me for the zx conversion.
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Hey everyone,
   I can't find all of my notes but it is Chris Bondi in Canada that has the conversion kits.  DOOMAN told me about him and if you read this Dooman please post the number again thanks. I'll try to find old phone bills for the number in the mean time.
Caleb

·
Registered
0 Posts
Here's something that I grabbed from an old post of
mr670's! He seems to know a lot about Bondi engime works.
Maybe you could PM him for some questions.

Bondi Engine Works
               Marry st  Aurora Ontario   Canada
               905-727-4057
               He does not have a web page. E-mail address
               is [email protected]      
               Aurora is about 50k north of Toronto.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
I am not totally convinced it is a S Chassis. Look at the running boards. They are very wide, and have a step on the back of them like the Tison Chassis. I cannot see someone cutting off running boards and welding on new ones, it would not be very durable.

That is how it looks to me.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Well I'm a little bummed out that it's not a true ZX. I do
not own a ZX so I wouldn't know that well and I did question
wether or not it was a S-chassis tank but either way I'd
still give my left nut to clamp it to the bar just to see
what she's made of. That pic was from X-racer if I remember
correctly.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
They use all different pieces. They make complete sleds and parts like tunnels and bulk heads. So it may have part of there chassis mixed in 800MXZ.
Caleb

1 - 20 of 28 Posts