Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody ever tried Double Backers when studding a track, I heard that they are stronger and the studs dont deflect like they do using the round ones.  I also heard that if they ever pull out you would have to replace your track right away because of the size of the hole left behind.  Does anyone have any comments?

·
Registered
356 Posts
Chuckman, I'm no expert, but it doesn't seem like the benefits of  making them a little more ridged...... are offset by the added, cost and weight of doubleing up backers. Not sure if there is plenty of threads on most studs to handle two thickness's of backers. And as you say if you pull one through its going to leave a hole the size of the grand canyon!
I'm going to stick with a single backer. One could go to the angled type that rest up against a track rib if they need more support for the stud possibly?  just some thoughts.. DooZ

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have been useing double backers for years. Two studs with a double backer are lighter than two studs with two backers. The only time I seen  a double backer pull through is on an under studded machine.

·
Registered
756 Posts
I've used them for two seasons now i'm happy with them. Lots of penetration also. .725 track w/1.175 Woodys megabite's no durability probs at all.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts