Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
DPM
What year did the MXZ's first come out with DPM? How can you tell if the sled has it? I just bought a 2000 MXZ 700 and am unsure if it has it or not. Previous owner didn't no what I was talking about. If I don't have it is it easily added and not too expensive?

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I belive that DPM was first available in the 99 summit 670s. And by 2000 it was an option on a lot of sleds.

It still is an option on todays sleds except some motors now come standard with it such as the 600HO

If your sled had DPM it would say on the cowl of the sled.

Also right by the carbs on the back side of the engine you would see a black pipe with 4 or more hoses running from it and it would have DPM written on it. Its hard to miss.

I dont think your sled has it becasue it would be to obvious.

It would probably be expencive to add and probably not needed. Just get your sled tuned properly and run it that way.

·
1,327 Posts
Originally posted by bluebyyou@Oct 22 2002, 09:18 AM
DPM
What year did the MXZ's first come out with DPM? How can you tell if the sled has it? I just bought a 2000 MXZ 700 and am unsure if it has it or not. Previous owner didn't no what I was talking about. If I don't have it is it easily added and not too expensive?

Thanks.
The 2000 MXZ 7 does not have DPM,

At least according to the Ski Doo website it doesn't or they don't advertise it. That is very odd be cause the 99 MXZ 670 HO has it as well.

They do advertise it on the Summit 700 though.

Maybe it's a big conspiracy.

DP

·
Registered
98 Posts
Machzzzz1 - it is true that the 600HO comes standard w/DPM. I have one and did not think it had it on it, but I have not really looked. There is no DPM decal on the sled, but you can bet I will be looking when I get home tonight. It was an option when ordering, but I did not opt for it.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Besides the 99 670 HO and the 99 Summit, DPM was available for Spring order MXZ 600's and 700's in 2000. I have a 2000 600 MXZ with it.
not standard on rev 600 HO's, maybe on Adrenaline mxz 600ho's.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Sorry. Maybe your right. Its just that every Rev 600 i saw had DPM.

I thought it was part of the engine.

·
Registered
278 Posts
Originally posted by Machzzzz1@Oct 22 2002, 03:35 PM
Machzzzz1 : some motors now come standard with it such as the 600HO

It is only standard on the X package, The sport you can get it but it`s an add on.

dpaige: The 2000 MXZ 7 does not have DPM,

The S/B 2000 Mxz had DPM. I had one.
:thumbsup:

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
my 99 ho had dpm,yes the spring break model 700's had it in '00 as well.my 00 700 has dpm.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts