Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2000 xc 700 sp today i went to the drag races with it the first race i had was with an older 700 ultra i think and i won that one easy i was making a speed of about 103 to 105 on the speed o  it was a 2 out off 3 race i lost one race to the ultra i had a bad start i hit some ice. my next race was with a storm 800 i won over the storm in 3 the last race with the storm i was told if it was a bit longer he would have beat me the races after that i lost all my speed i went from 103 or 105 to 85 to 95 what happened the belt looks to be up good
what happened

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
Sounds like your slide rails were heating up, or your clutches came out of alignment, from stress of racing. Could be a lot of things like engine temp even.

·
Registered
918 Posts
Could also be that after that many passes your clutches got heat soaked, that would slow you down.
                          Ryan

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i had about 20 mins between races everything should have been cold , she may have come out off line the clutch i was running her a little high on the rpm waiting for the start i really lost all the power i had and i could really see it easy how much speed i had lost

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Check your rings.   I burnt the chrome off my rings at the end of the season.  I went from winning to losing that quick.  Usually when you hit a dead spot it is rings.   Worth a try.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts