Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We are heading to Edmore tonight to tune on the asphault sled. If you make it, come over and say HI. We will have the ZRT800 by the Secord Marina truck. Please keep this post in the General SNowmobiling so it is near the top of the page.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We ran quite a few passes last nite and got some serious tuning in. This thing is getting fast!! Wish some of ya could have gone to the track, but maybe next time. If you go, look for this sled and come by and say HI.

·
Registered
884 Posts
Dave, give me a little more lead time as to when you are going to do it next and I might just swing up!

Ryan

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I am just a wrench for a friend. Still working on my race sled, so I am helping out to help my learing curve for now. The guy racing the sled is Kim Frank from Secord Lake Marina. He is a great tuner and knows these big Cats. I would highly recomend him for any perf. or race work.

The numbers we have right now. 60' in the 1.38 and 1/4 mile in 10.14 best @ 127MPH. We are still working on the clutching/ suspension and have only made about 25 passes on asphault total.

Details on the sled is it is a 800 .010 over, with Kim's porting and clutching. The motor is real sweet running 8600RPM using stock pipes. Aftermarket had no real gains on the dyno. Stock susp. front and back, and the slead is actually heavier than stock with all parts there and the heavy track with the wheels.

We are looking forward to running with more sleds. Not saying we are the quickest, we are still learning. There are a few guys a little quicker, but we have dropped over a sec in 4 trips to the track. I will try to give more notice next time, it was last minute this week. I will be on Vac for the next 12 days, but might make a return in 2 weeks. If you see us, come on out and say HI!

CatRules - Where you been man?

·
Registered
884 Posts
I haven't been hiding, just been very busy with work!  Let me know next time you are going to run, I will drag a couple of guys up with me to check it out!  Where are you heading for your Vacation?
???  North Pole maybe for some riding

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No. I am going very close though. Amy and I are going to Anchorage, Alaska on Mon. I will bring back enough snow for all of us allright!!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts