Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
The easist way is to remove the radiator cap and fire up the old shop vac in the wet mode !! you will have to remove the clamp on the return side so it will siphon the whole system....this works for me .....XCR 600

·
Registered
3,183 Posts
I don't know if that's the best way, but that's what I would try. The WOrST way to drain it is to throw a stud thru the heat exchanger.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
Lacking a wet vac that you would like antifreeze in, and having a large oil drain pan available, you might want to try
spotting the drain pan in back of the left ski, then removing one of the hoses under the secondary. Antifreeze runs out through the drains in the belly pan, hopefully you catch most of it. Still not great, but the best I've found on the wedge and aggressive chassis.

AL

·
Registered
216 Posts
JUST A SUGGESTION,IF YOU DON'T WANT TO GET ANTIFREEZE IN YOUR SHOPVAC JUST ATTACH THE VACUUM HOSE TO A SUITABLE CONTAINER I.E. A 5 GALLON PAIL WITH A LID AND THEN ATTACH YOUR HOSE TO THE LID AND USE THAT ONE FOR APPLYING SUCTION TO THE SLED. ANTIFREEZE GOES INTO THE BUCKET INSTEAD OF THE SHOPVAC. THERE IS A SIMILAR SYSTEM SOLD AT HOME DEPOT FOR SANDING DRYWALL MADE IN TWO DIFFERENT SIZES FOR KEEPING DUST DOWN WHILE SANDING DRYWALL,WOULD WORK WELL FOR EMPTYING YOUR COOLANT SYSTEM ALSO. COMES WITH A SANDING PAD,BUCKET AND HOSES NECESSARY. GOOD LUCK.  ANOTHER GOOD WAY IS TO DAMAGE YOUR BULKHEAD CAUSING YOU TO REMOVE THE ENGINE. THAT WAS PRETTY EASY ALSO. ALITTLE PRICEY THOUGH!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts