Snowmobile World banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I didn't put stabalizer in my sled before I put it up for the summer. I have about 3/4 tank of gas in it and I am pretty sure I should drain my gas before I start riding it. What is the best way to drain the gas? I already cleaned my carbs and got the gas out of them.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
if u have a liitle pump stick in the hose and pump it out or the old hose in mouth trick will work.mouth trick carefull gas taste like CAK CAW. :sly: :sly:

·
Registered
660 Posts
syphon it out.

They also sell small plastic hand pumps as well for about $6 bucks. Good tool to keep on sled at all times. One sled out of each riding group should carry one for bad luck situations.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I think my friend has a pump. Thanks guys, I don't really want to find out what gas taste like even though it smells good.

·
Registered
2,300 Posts
outboard motor primer bulb, a couple of hoses and a jerry can...use the gas in your lawnmower, tiller, car, etc..

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
i bought a small plastic pump that attachs to a drill paid $12 for it and works great for getting gas out of the tank,also used it to suck the antifreeze out of the cooling system to change my head :D

·
Registered
3,817 Posts
I picked up a siphon canister from an auto parts store last year. It's really neat. You actually pump out all the air and creat a vacuum in the can which sucks everything up. Works great for gas. I can't remember who makes it and the decal that was on it is long gone but I did pick it up at NAPA.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts