Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there any alignment to be done to the drive axel or bearing if i take off my pto side bearing housings off were the speedometer cable goes to check condition of bearing. can i just take the housings off and look at bearing and put it back together, or no, Thanks Crash dummy

·
Registered
43 Posts
You can just pull it off. The bearing is sandwiched between two triangular flanges which keep it centered on that side and the other side is in the chaincase so no worries there. Just be careful not to lose the plastic speedo drive gear and make a note how the flanges and spacers come apart so that you get it back together properly. Really no big deal though

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
if it is fine just pump it with grease one pump every 3-400 miles.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
if it is fine just pump it with grease one pump every 3-400 miles.[/b]
Thank you agian, Farlsincharge and Paul....Cant seem to find were the clattering is coming from under there. thought i would start with pto side first looks to be the easy one. and my speedo has been off all winter, when im at 3/4 throttle it's only reeding 35 mph, should be reeding about 65, thank you. Crash Test Dummy

·
Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you agian, Farlsincharge and Paul....Cant seem to find were the clattering is coming from under there. thought i would start with pto side first looks to be the easy one. and my speedo has been off all winter, when im at 3/4 throttle it's only reeding 35 mph, should be reeding about 65, thank you. Crash Test Dummy[/b]
How do I get the bearing off the drive axel, I took the speedo cable and all the flanges off.is a bearing puller needed, or can this be done with garage tools. Crash Dummy

1 - 5 of 5 Posts