Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have drive belt problems on my summit after 300 km its only pieces left of the drive belt. Does anyone have the same problem on the 800  02

·
Registered
49 Posts
I also find that with the summits, you may experience more breakage than with a trail sled. It is directly related to the riding style. Catching air is great fun, but it tends to load the belt pretty hard on landing. Backing out of the throttle a little, if possible, helps to keep from loading it hard. My first year with a 600 summit- well, I broke a few belts. Hard pack landings really aren't good on a sled.

Heat will definitely destroy a belt, as well, and would do as suggested- check alignment. Clean clutches. Sometimes, you just get a "bad" belt, too.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have tried everything even adjustment of the engine at my dealer,he said we should try to use a smaller wheel in the gearbox
i think its gearing is 23 maybe to use 21 will help. i m using the summit what its build for   (hillclimbing)
hopefully it will help. A friend of mine has the same problem as me with the summit 800   02

1 - 6 of 6 Posts