Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The last four or five seasons I've been buying nothing but overpriced original equipment belts for my Cats. I hate the price but enjoy being able to slam the belt on with no hassles.
In the years previous to that it seemed that every second aftermarket belt I tried required more adjusting to make it work properly than the money it saved was worth.
Are aftermarket belts still more grief than they're worth or have they improved?

·
Registered
384 Posts
I had the same prob. last year.decided to stick with factory belts.

·
Registered
791 Posts
OEM all the way.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
same here ive always had better luck with the oem belts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Looks like you guys answered my question. Thanks. How much are the Polaris oem belts anyway?

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Due to the high price of OEM belts, I've found the least painful way of purchasing them is to not ask the price and sign the credit card receipt without looking. :)

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
I have had good luck with the Dayco Ultimax 2 belts. That is mainly all I ran in my zert. I'm going to use the factory belt on the new one until it's shot and then see how that sled likes the Dayco's.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
It would only make good sense that the OEMs are not into manufacturing their own belts. Common sense would indicate somebody is building them for the OEMs. If they are being built off site to the OEM manufactures specs, then it would follow that the belt manufacturer would be capable of building that same belt (and most likely are) with their own logo on it.

If you are running a performance machine, and are trying to get away with running a 40 dollar belt, it's probably not going to last very long. The belt is linking all the horsepower you paid extra for to the rest of the drivetrain. It's not a good place to economize.

I'm not going to go into who makes the best belts as my experience may not be the same, or similar, to others. I will say there are a couple different manufacturers who build a quality belt at fair prices....well below what you will pay for the OEM belts.

AL

1 - 8 of 8 Posts