Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any particular reason for your choice of belt? If you said other, specify the brand.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
I've tried Dayco, but it just didn't perform the way I liked. I use the SkiDoo 067 belt now.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
i use the oem until they wear down,  then i usaly buy the gates extreme belts.  the gates extreme belts have always been good.  they realy seem to do a good job on my zrt 800s

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I forgot to include them in the poll, but is Goodyear still making the Power Streak belt?

·
Registered
4,659 Posts
i gave my vote to OEM. We run the 127's . They will easily last 2000 kliks if you break it in and follow proper startup procedures. The 067's take 5mph off of top end. I put a dayco 144-4353 on the GADE when i was in cochrane last. It held up well to a 1000 kliks of powder busting

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I run OEM in my sleds.  The OEM belt just seems to make the sled go faster and accel harder.  

I used Goodyear Powerstreak and I was impressed buy how it held up.  It lasted over 1 and 1/2 seasons till it was warn but it never broke.  

The only problem was that the good year didnt perform. I would get it for a touring machine but not for a racer.

Dayco is also good but OEM just seems better.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Dayco

Been good to me.  Never compared directly to an OEM belt as for a speed loss.  Might have to give that a try.

FishHog

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
The Dayco I had seemed to slip more and the clutches would run hotter...too hot...snow vaporized if it touched the primary...forget putting your hand on it!

·
Registered
361 Posts
I've just switched back to oem bomb. (067) belt, and it seems to be holding up well and not wearing out too quickly.
For the last few seasons, I used Dayco ultimax II's, the 138-4353 and then the 144-4353. I liked those belts for racing, but they wore out quickly (belt got narrow), and some of them would have cord pull out. I also noticed that when switching from dayco to bomb., I had to either click up tra one or remove 1-1.5g of pin weight to keep rpms.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Does anyone know if Dayco makes the Bombi belts? looking at the markings on the belts, they do look similiar. I would assume though that Ski-doo would have specs as to the tolerances and rubber compounds that they would what the belts made to.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
permafrost...I've been thinking about this for a while...and I can't figure out how the 067 Doo belt can take 5 mph off your sled? Please enlighten me.

·
Registered
8,771 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm not sure of the PNs, but I have read in Ski-doo's info that one belt is better for top speed and the other is better for wear. now if I could only find it in my junque.

·
Registered
134 Posts
While I stay OEM, I still tinker with belt performance by changing my helix on the driven clutch to a 51 from a 55 for more positive shifting for my riding style.  Slow, in deep deep powder through the trees.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
LOL....you and the other 99% of the users on this forum!

·
Registered
32 Posts
I run Gates Xtreme period.

I have a '97 ZRT6 slightly moded.
The clutch comes in @ 5500 & she will dig your grave if you let her

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I normally run an oem Bombardier belt but right now have on a Dayco Ultimax.  It works excellent!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts