Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, im getting extremely pissed off now, HOW IN THE MOTHER **** DOES THE DRIVE SHAFT COME OFF!!
ive got everything under the sled taken off, everything except the drive shaft, and the track is just around the drive shaft, so those are the only two things left on the bottom of the sled. I CANT GET THE DRIVE SHAFT OUT! HOW IN THE #### DOES IT COME OUT?

·
Registered
852 Posts
You doo have  the bearing behind your speedo drive loose and your lower chaincase bearing all free right? Some are tight, all come out, people that bust tracks in and out in a hour earn their money, take your time, it will come out.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yea, i have everything loose, the lower sprocket is off, the speedo cable and all that stuff is off, its like it is glued on or something.  everything that you can take off is off, i dont know what the problem is.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well guys, i just had my dad take it off, and he got it.  he can get anything off and put it back together.  anyways thats good, i just saved 300 bucks doing it ourselves.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
just make sure when you put your gears back on that you use the right spacers for the gear.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what spacer??

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
behind the top and bottom gear there is a spacer between the bearing and gear

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
oo i know about that.  edgey you wise #####.

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
If you hold track up and forward of drivers the drivers come out much easier, of course three hands are needed!

A

·
0 Posts
When you put it back together make sure you have that sucker lined up good.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just went through this today.  Pulled the track the other day, and the bearing under the speedo cover would not come off. Finally ended up cutting the outside portion of the bearing and taking it and the balls off. Then I was able to get the shaft out and get the remainder of the bearing  off. I got the new bearing this morning and put it on, and after getting the gearcase back into place and the cover on, I found a spacer that had fallen out somehow. Since I had taken all the parts I removed carefully, looking at the parts manual made it clear that it had come out of the backside of the gearcase. Had to pull the case again and reinstall that. having it fall out sucked, but at least it's correct now. Put the new triple pipes on this evening and still have to do the clutch work.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i find the easiest way to do it is to just take the chaincase housing right off    you already have the gears and chain out, just take off 3 or 4 nuts for the chaincase and the two bolts holding the caliper on and it slides right off     i find it to be much easier, especailly on sleds with 1.5" and bigger tracks

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
1000imp is right a few extra mins makes a difference for removal

·
Registered
3,520 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ARCTICZRT600 @ Sep. 17, 2002, 06:05am)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When you put it back together make sure you have that sucker lined up good.[/b][/quote]
seems like the sucker was in the right place after all  
to bad he didnt reply  

1 - 15 of 15 Posts