Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i just took the whole rear skid off. the only thing that is left on under there is the track and drive shaft. i took off both clutches becuz i got a clutch kit, so there both off, and i took off the gears and chain. how does the drive shaft come off?? is there some sort of key or something??

·
Registered
227 Posts
sledcrazy,
On the clutch side of the sled there is 3 bolts that hold the driveshaft on.(where the speedometer  cable goes in).take them out.Then, where you took the bottom gear off(on chain case side,There is a snap ring on the front of the driveshaft bearing.you need to take that off with some good snap ring pliars.Then gimmee the shaft out carfully without ripping the seal.I try and pop the seal out before gimmeeing the shaft.If i explained this wrong I am sure someone will correct me.....Baddude

A

·
0 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (baddude @ Sep. 15, 2002, 9:13pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">On the clutch side of the sled there is 3 bolts that hold the driveshaft on.(where the speedometer  cable goes in).take them out.[/b][/quote]
On AC sleds do this and then go on the back side of the bearing on the chaincase side and there will be a lock collar, you have to do this from underneath the sled,  use an allen wrench to losten the collar then move the shaft and the chaincase bearing should pop free, remove the bearing and remove your shaft.

A

·
0 Posts
One other thing, replace the bearings with new ones, even if they appear to be good still.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts