Snowmobile World banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey all,
i am looking for some pics on how to get at the needle inside the sleeve so i can drop the needle as i am using a great deal of fuel & floods very easily from cold starts
thanks
d

·
Registered
53 Posts
If it is flooding when cold, it would not be the needles.

Look at inlet valve in the bowl.
They tend to stick(mine did) so you should replace them or at least inspect them.

Good luck.

joe

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If it is flooding when cold, it would not be the needles.

Look at inlet valve in the bowl.
They tend to stick(mine did) so you should replace them or at least inspect them.

Good luck.

joe[/b]
ok got them off, but it is already on the 3rd slot, but my bowls were full. where is the inlet valve located? seems be very hard on fuel & fouling alot of plugs , any ideas?
thanks
d

·
Registered
53 Posts
The inlet valve is in the bowl, it is better to remove carbs from sled to remove 4 screws holding bowl.

When was the last time the carbs were cleaned(taken apart).

All you need maybe is a good cleaning.

Good luck.

·
Registered
68 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i cleaned them 2 years ago while changing tthe needle & seat.ran good last year but only went out a few times.i`ve been out 3 times this year , but only had this problem once, with the exception of it always being hard on fuel. should i move the clip up 1 more ring (drop one more setting on the needle, or is this a carb setting problem.
hope to get up early tomorrow to fix to go for a rip tomorrow late morning, s any ideas tonight would be great
thanks all
d

·
Registered
395 Posts
Don't drop needles or change main jets without reading your plug color. you will be asking for a burndown. gas is still cheap compared to a burndown or worse. And the inlet valve he was talking about is your needle and seat.

·
Registered
395 Posts
The 95 z probably on a good day was only getting 9 or 10 mpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts