Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking to ride early season - starting Dec. 1. I know the U.P. is open then. If the conditions are not good there where else can i go to get a week of riding in? I live an hour north of Chicago. I am willing to travel quite a ways. Not to Alaska or the arctic circle or anything though! Any help would be appreciated.

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Tell us where you're from Wantabe, and we'll tell you what the U.P. is!! :p

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
upper michigan=U.P. upper peninsula

·
Registered
678 Posts
It's the part of michigan everyone leaves out when they do the "mitten" thing. To the people down state it's the place they don't think anyone should live unless they are providing a tourist service for them. O.K. so I'm a bit bitter, I didn't come to work in WI by choice!

The state of Superior should be the 51st state!

·
Registered
113 Posts
TUG HILL and Old Forge, NY often have decent riding by the beginning of December. I usually ride TUG HILL early in the year for first ride or two because it does get very crowded. But generally gets the most snow in the Upstate, NY area and sometimes the entire N.E.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks guys! So my location is on my post. Does that mean no one knows were Washington is.
I'd be willing to bet that Mt baker which is an hour from my house has some of the best high marking and powder in the country. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts