Snowmobile World banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey, i bought a new 2001 mxz 500 this year and i have noticed that the drive lugs on the in side of the track are getting chewed up by the drive cogs. i was wondering if anyone else has had this problem with any standard zx chasis. any help would be great!!

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Your saying that the lugs on the top side of the track (The ones that are left and right of the sliders) are getting chewed up.  

Well this is not normal.  I have a 98 mxz which is my oldest machine and that part of the track looks mint after 8000km.  

The bottom has a few rips but the top part is fine.  Try and see where and how it is ripping or bring it to the dealer.

·
Administrator_X
5,122 Posts
What kind of chewed up? The sides of the drive lugs, The inside of them where the drive wheels push on the track, or something different? If it looks like abrasive has been grinding away at them then you are running in too much dirt. If that isn't the type of wear you are getting, we need to have more information to help you out.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
sounds like maybe the track is too loose an the drivers are tearing the little lugs off.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
I have to agree with idooski.  Its sounds like theres dirt or somthing in there tearing away.  

Rocketman may be correct but ive seen people run with tracks to loose and there ratcheting away but ive never seen a tore of lug.  

Is this the factory track or some aftermarket track.

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks to all the replys guys, the track is brand new and only has about 1000km's on it. the lugs that are torn are outside the sliders on the inside if the track(outter drive cogs). my sled is at the dealers right now and they have faxed a pic of it to bombardier to see what the out come will be. i hope they do something about it the sled is brand new
i will be an unhappy customer if nothing is done

·
Registered
394 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
still no word from the dealer  
i am getting curious to see what the outcome will be
not like it matters with all the lovely rain like winter weather were getting!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts