Snowmobile World banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have my trailtour to bight in the turns alittle better, What effect will decreasing the front track shocks spring tension have on the overal feel of the ride. Also increasing the front ski preasure, will that have an adverse effect on confort riding

·
Registered
216 Posts
more spring pressure = more ski pressure = more bite. Ride quality shouldn't be an issue unless you overtighten. Adjust a couple turns at a time.

SWRules

·
Registered
69 Posts
I would like to have my trailtour to bight in the turns alittle better, What effect will decreasing the front track shocks spring tension have on the overal feel of the ride. Also increasing the front ski preasure, will that have an adverse effect on confort riding[/b]

Loosen the Front track shock spring off completely and use the rear shock adjustment to control rider weight as too much preload on the FTS will also decrease ski pressure and make the sled tippy. Once you get the rider weight setting roughed in then use the FTS to fine tune it. Dont expect razor sharp handling from the dual runners that come on those sleds but they do steer OK once set up properly.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
more spring pressure = more ski pressure = more bite. Ride quality shouldn't be an issue unless you overtighten. Adjust a couple turns at a time.

SWRules[/b]
only on the front ski shocks and the rear skid shocks. not the middle shock. i run it just tight enough to keep the spring retainer on.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The option of backing most all of the preload off the front skid spring before adding any to the ski springs usually works out best from a handling/ride perspective. Increasing ski spring preload will increase pressure on the skis, but too much can lead to early inside ski lift in corners. FWIW

1 - 5 of 5 Posts