Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '05 600 touring (50th Anniversary) with the FAST ACE rear suspension. Have about 3k miles with no problems. Would be interested to know if anyone else has had any problems or what to watch out for to avoid problems. I have been careful not to over grease the zerk on it as I've heard that can cause it to jamb. I have had a couple instances where it froze up (refused to move) but started working again later. The people at FAST are absolutely no help and my sled shop hasn't worked on any. Any comments?

Gary

·
Registered
3 Posts
[attachment=40541:M10_ACE.pdf]

Gary,

I currently have three Polaris sleds with the M-10 ACE. All three have experienced the exact same problem, which I was told is fairly common.

There are two small plastic gears, a 32-tooth and a 12-tooth, that are used to drive the potentiometer. After a few years, the 12T gear has a tendency to come "unglued" from its shaft, causing the potentiometer to get out of adjustment. This is basically what tells the ACE controller what position the suspension is currently in.

If this happens the suspension will no longer adjust automatically, however you can still adjust it with a 12V battery by connecting leads to the blue & green motor wires (located above left foot well).

To repair, you'll need to remove the suspension, reset the potentiometer and re-glue the 12T gear using Loctite 480. I found the attached PDF file to be very helpful.

Good luck,

Brian

Attachments

1 - 2 of 2 Posts