Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2002 Edge X 600 vs. 2003 Edge X 600.

I can pick up a new 02 or 03 for about a five hundred dollar difference, both have the Edge suspension in them. I have heard of issues in the 02 as far as over-heating, but it appears to be more of a problem with the M-10 suspension. Does anyone have any concrete facts that support spending the extra cash for the 03. Or should I save a few and dress up the 02 with no worries?

·
Registered
387 Posts
If they are both new, I gotta beleive its worth an extra 500$ for the '03 and to me the wide running boards on the 03 are worth 500$ alone!

It will be one year newer when you go to sell it and you will get the 500$ + back....

Your right the overheating problem was mainly on the 02 with M-10.

I don't have an Edge X but my buddy has an 02X and he loves it! No overheating problems and we rode mostly in marginal conditions last year!

Best of luck on either purchase...

·
Registered
340 Posts
The overheating issues only concern the M10 models, the snow was simply escapeing too quickly out the tunnel. Generally found when driving the sleds at slower (40 mph) speeds. Polaris has added a longer snowflap, added the RMK aux cooler at the rear of the tunnel, and upgraded the material of the coolant recovery bottles for '03. All these mods are available as updates for '02 models. I drove a 600X demo last year, and what an awesome machine! when everybody else is reaching for the Motrin, you will be ready for another 200 mi. with the M10. I did have an overheating issue, but only when driving slow down long patchy covered trails to fuel stops. Good luck,
Rich K.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts