Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am thinking about getting a EFI chip for my 1998 ZR 600. Are they worth getting? How many more horsepower do ya get? Any info woud be appreciated.l

·
Registered
23 Posts
Arctic Cat makes a update chip for that model. They came original with a rich mode when you blurped  the throttle for racing. The update chip, part # (3005-464) deleted that mode and cleaned up the sleds performance . Worked very well for me, had to exchange the chip with my dealer when I did this. I first tried a Black Magic "Hot Trail Chip" part# (80-1897) square. This chip seemed to work better in higher altitudes. I still have this chip if you are interested, send me an e-mail.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Just talked to my dealer, and had them look up all the service updates, and he said there is NOT one for the 98 600 efi. How did you get tour dealer to do this? could you get the update number or something and post it so I could take it to my dealer and say "do it "!

·
Registered
23 Posts
3005-464 I had on my previous post is the new part no. I learned of it at a arctic cat show. Just have your dealer look up this part no.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I have a performance chip in my sled. If you want to replace the chip I am pretty sure you have to go with a pipe too. Go to ddracing.com. they are a good aftermarket dealer.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts