Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
555 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to have an EFI setup for my ZRT, I was hoping for the Arctic Cat to put out an EFI ZRT just so I could easily convert mine, but they did not.
The EFI setups on the newer sleds will someday be a doner for my 1998 Triple. I am a Custom Machinist and will find a way to convert it. The problem for me will be the solinoid controll.
The newer cars are changing the way hot rodding is. My old Dodge had a carburetor that was very tunable for racing and street, but many of the people I was racing with would change a computer chip, or hook up a laptop and reprogram the fuel map for their needs.
Adding a higher flow fuel pump, larger throttle body(or bodies) and even larger injectors often times pulled an extra 50hp out of a stock small block. These are modifications that can be done on ANY EFI.
To increase power and increase fuel efficiency and lower emissions all by using a properly set up EFI is a really good thing.

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
EFI is junk on a 2 stroke as far as performance and enviroment.

DFI is how you get performance of carbs with emitions at the 4 stroke level.  

Carbs should be slowly ruled out but untill DFI is out and tested i will take carbs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts