Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried the "Hot Rod EFI Chips" from Black Magic?  
Tell me about your experience with them.  My sled is a 2000 ZR 600 EFI.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Haven't tried a BM one, but my Brother had a D&D in a 98 ZR 600.  I have to tell you that the change was not that much.  The gearing and clutching made more of a difference.  I personally wouldn't waste the money on a chip.  Get some Heelclickers and you'll be happy and much more reliable.

Just my .02

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bart, I also have a 2000 ZR 600 EFI. I installed a Black Magic Hot Rod Trail Chip last year.  I am very pleased with the results. The sled performs better and the mileage increased about 1-2 mpg.  It was very easy to install too.  I think it was worth the money.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
roughrider:  
What do you run for clutching?  Is this chip okay to use with stock clutching?  

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have  98 powder special with pipe from D&D, along with the required chip. Clutch work is also required. Mine screams now.
very happy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am only concerned about the Hot Rod chip, not a pipe/chip combo.  Yes, I know with a pipe/chip combo you need a clutch kit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Bart,  Yes, I am running stock clutching.  The peak rpm came up just a little, still right in the peak HP range.  The AC twins have a habit of eating up the cam arm bushings fairly quickly. If you let them go too long, other clutch parts will start to wear.  Make sure everything in the drive clutch is in good shape for optimum performance.  Good luck, and GO GREEN!!  

1 - 9 of 9 Posts