Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats about the cheapest RELIABLE EGT you can buy price wise, and where is the best place to get them.Something fairly small would be best, don't need all kinds options. Digital also. Prefer somewhere in Canada.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I just installed the Pyro 2000 guage in my MXZ800Z today and it looks as thou it was factory. It fits into the pod for the fuel guage really nice being that it is only 2" in diameter. The readouts are digital and fairly large. All it does are egt's. I was the same as you looking for something small and does one thing only. On the Snowest site under product reveiws there is a decent writeup on the Pyro 2000 dealing with installation and feedback. I paid $540 for mine with 2 clamp-on probes. The day I received it there was one on E-Bay for sale! But it went close for what I paid for mine.

·
Registered
980 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You in Canada Bobber? You get it up here??

·
Registered
221 Posts
Yes I'm in Northern Alberta, land of tarsands. I got my guage thru a local Polaris shop, as we don't have a Ski Doo dealer here. On the write-up in the off-road forum there are some links to suppliers. There is a Canadian one there.

·
Registered
361 Posts
BellevilleMXZ, I've had my Digitron DTS32 (dual display, egt-egt or egt-tach, max. temp. or rpm memory) for 4 seasons now and for the price ($680 can.) am happy with it. I had also bought a playback unit for my clutch testing ($250 can.). The only thing I didn't like about it was the buttons are hard to press with mitts on. Digitron now has new models out with the memory/playback features included. Digitron gauges can be purchased through Royal Distributing in Ontario, Can. Another good line of digital gauges are the Racepak units, but are more expensive.
Hope this helps !

Attachments

1 - 9 of 9 Posts