Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a coil for my son's safari but it only has 2 wires on it and the old one has three a green a white and a red the green and white are together on 1 flug the red comes out of the block all by itself any idea where the red wire should be i tried it with just the green and white and it will not fire I have searched high and low for a diagram but can not find one anywhere

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I looked through those pages and I can't find the same set up I have my coil is square and it says ducatti on itall the pictures i looked at at that site showed the coil they gave me to replace the one i had originally I do not have registration but the sled says 1990 on the body 2 up seat pinkish color hood and it says safari electro on the hood

·
Registered
72 Posts
Im going to keep looking but ive found this so far. Im not sure it helps. I also looked in the service manual for an 89 safari and it only shows two wires on the coils.

http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Sk...mp;A=53&B=9[/b]

Try looking at the coil for a 91 safari. The reason i suggest this is because the year stamped on the tunnel is the production year, but the actual year of the machine is next year.

·
Registered
72 Posts
If you go back to the website that i posted earlier and look up a 91 it shows the coil having three wires. I think you got the wrong coil. If you take it back clean it up really good, and tell them you didnt install it. If you tell them chances are they wont return it.

·
Registered
72 Posts
What i meant to say is this. If you deciede to return it for another coil, clean the one that you bought up. If the supplier asks if you installed it say no, as it didnt match the one that you pulled off. They should be able to give you a full refund. If you tell them that you installed it, chances are they wont give you any money back because they will say that it was used therefore its no good.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts