Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a quick lesson on where would be the best way/place to tie in an electric face shield. I'm installing on a 02 ZR 600 no battery. The lead seems quite a bit long, should some of it be trimed(the end that has the 2 ring terminals attached). I would like to have it coming out at the bottom of steering by key switch. Can you just tie into any pos/neg wires?

I forgot, it says you can tie into hand warmers, but I would think the hand warmer would have to be on before it would work...I don't use hand warmers that often...meaning I would prefer a different option if possible.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
Use that extra plug that Cat keeps tucked in below the handlebars. You'll have to get a connector (any Cat dealer will have one, they're in the Catalog) and then splice the ends of the heater cord to the connector. But that is better than tapping in somewhere else, if you don't have to.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
ttt

hasn't anyone installed one of these before?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks, I'll go look and try to find

Lick'n

·
Registered
476 Posts
Well, as a matter of fact I have and I used the optional accessary connector. This connector is located just where Jim said it was. Remove the choke cable nut, four screws, ign. sw. wires and the small plastic thing they call a dash. You will see a white four prong connector that has the low oil sensor float sw. plugged into it. Follow the rest of Jim's instructions and your home free.

Auggie

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks,
It's a done deal! I'm ready to go. Hopefully the snow they are focasting for the next couple of days will turn out as predicted.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts