Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone give me a quick lesson on where would be the best way/place to tie in an electric face shield. I'm installing on a 02 ZR 600 no battery. The lead seems quite a bit long, should some of it be trimed(the end that has the 2 ring terminals attached). I would like to have it coming out at the bottom of steering by key switch. Can you just tie into any pos/neg wires?

I forgot, it says you can tie into hand warmers, but I would think the hand warmer would have to be on before it would work...I don't use hand warmers that often...meaning I would prefer a different option if possible.

Thanks in advance for all who reply

·
Registered
97 Posts
Why don't you wire it into the ignition switch. When the key is on it has continuious power. I don't know what color it is but start your sled and poke around with a test light. You can even look in a service manual to find the right colored wire. Also....if you want the lead to come out by the key switch, you will have to drill a hole in the plastic piece around the key switch.

·
Registered
533 Posts
There is a plug for the electric shield allready wired in. I think it is in the handle bar. I would have to check my manual to make sure and get back to u.

·
Registered
11 Posts
There is a 2 prong plug under handle bar cover, get a 2 prong flat trailer type plug at your local parts store, you can splice or solder it to your plug for your helmet, then just plug it in.

·
Registered
27 Posts
There should be a couple of wires that are on the inside of your handel bars that will work only when the key is on. If you put a plug in on it it will only work when you have something pluged into that slot.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts