Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There is another after market ride out there.  The SKIcycle.  Its ALL electric.  

Top speed of 120mph ( so they say )
Weighs 178 lb

Also other goodies include...
recharging system so you dont have to charge it
GPS
built in Cell phone
and
surround sound ( believe it or not )

Click here to check it out!!!

·
Registered
858 Posts
I'd like to know the range of that thing. Looks like the snowhawk. Those specs sound too good to be true, if the range is there, you can kiss the gas powered sled goodbye  

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
looks great....the only limiting factor will be the price, It looks kinda dangerous for the inexpierienced rider, how much does it weigh?  For a battery that can make a machine go 120 mph, it's bound to be extremely heavy, or will run out rather fast.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Probably fun for about 20 minutes.  Then the battery runs out.  It can't last that long.  Sound pretty interesting though.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Ok you guys tell me how you interpet this.  Onboard recharging system, never fill up, never plug in, never run out.  Are they trying to say that it recharges itself.  I don't see how that would be possible seems against what i learned in physics.  Or am i just reading it wrong.

·
Registered
546 Posts
If it works, im not sure how i would feel about it. one 120MPH ?
and no sound of an engine?
to two stroke smell?
hmmmm?

·
Registered
858 Posts
ZR500~ The only way that it would have a self recharging power cell is if it had it's own mini nuclear power plant. I'm starting to wonder if it's real or just a joke. Come on, 178 lbs, surround sound and can go to 120 mph, i'll have to see it to believe it  

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
on board charging ,I am sure refers to having the charger hard mounted and wired so all you have to do is plug in and not hook up a charger also.

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (AC @ April 17, 2002, 6:22pm)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The only way that it would have a self recharging power cell is if it had it's own mini nuclear power plant.[/b][/quote]

Ac I would get one but I don't think I could fix a nuclear power plant on the side of the trail.

·
Registered
561 Posts
There is no way this thing can be .... Looks like a motorcycle with a few computer tricks . And 178 lbs   hahahaha   The electric motor will weigh that alone ..... then there is the batttery pack .  I know they are working on fuel cells but they are not that small and lite yet ....

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
how come it has no handlebars??

·
Registered
858 Posts
</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and this morning there was an alien mothership over my house, then my pig jumped my fence and flew away[/b][/quote]

Funny you say that, same thing happened to me except it's my pet platypus that flew away

·
Registered
532 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I read all these negative posts here.  Were would the spot be if no one took a chance?  Look at the RX1 look at the Rev and those are just recent ideas.  I hope this snow bike thing works out for these guys.  I’m not sure yet if Id buy one, but with all the options and features it offers Id sure think about it HEAVY!!

So many skeptics  
will see in September hu?  

1 - 20 of 52 Posts