Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys.

So I am starting to get excited about the upcoming season, so I am getting my machines ready.

I started with a 2000 indy 340, put the battery(fresh off the charger) on and turned the key, the starter did not turn over but the starting solenoid was making a clicking noise when the key was in the start position. (I was thinking the starter might be the cause, dirty, bad wire connection) so I just went on to the next machine.
Now when I turn the key nothing. I haven't had time to look in to it yet, but I am wondering if maybe the solenoid is gone now that there is no more noise when I turn the key. I'm thinking the starter might need to be cleaned up a bit, and that's why it would not turnover in the beginning.

Has anyone else had an issue like this?

·
Registered
1,352 Posts
Check voltage on the battery while cranking. The battery may have failed. If that's good, you may have something sticking inside the starter. Is there a way to turn it by hand?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well turns out the starter was sticking, when it is warmed up it works most of the time but when it is cold it won't work. looks like I will be pulling it apart. Thanks for the help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts