Snowmobile World banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been thinking about adding a 12 Volt accessory plug to my sled.  Has anyone on here done this or know how to do it?  What is the output voltage of my sleds electrical system?  I know i can find it myself, but every time I remember to check, my sled and a multimeter never seem to be in the same place at the same time.  I was just wondering if I have to put in some kind of voltage rectifier to go from AC to DC, or some kind of transformer to step down/up the voltage.  Thanks in advance for the help.

By the way, not that it should matter, but the sled I was thinking about doing this to is a 2001 polaris (not sure if the electrical sytems of all the types of sleds is similar or not)

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 01 RMK 800 im doing this to. I found out there is a kit from polaris.
Im going to buy it tomorrow (hopefully my shop has one in stock...)

You DO need some special parts though, as I found out trying to do it myself. It wont work just tying into the wires.

Deej

·
Registered
650 Posts
On the side of the machine down by your left foot you will find a 3-4 wire connecter.

Looks like the flat trailer type wiring connecter.

Their should be an empty female bullet type connection to a yellow wire. This is 12V positive. Buy a male bullet connector and simply plug into it.

For ground I just used the little bolt that holds _________ (not sure what it is) that is in the same place. Just unscrew the bolt and attached the necitive wire to it and tighten back up. It's just a chasis ground.

Hope this helps. Again it's in the foot well area on the left side up by were your toes would be if you were riding.

It helps if you remove the black plastic shroud around the fuel tank. You'll need a torx bit to remove it.

This yellow wire that you connect to is Polaris' factory hook up for an electric shield which is 12V +.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts