Snowmobile World banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm riding an '00 700 RMK and when I start it up cold everything is fine. After 3-5 minutes the headlight goes very dim, the dash lights go out, and the hand & thumb warmers go out. Anyone else run into this or know where to start troubleshooting this? Thanks.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like the voltage regulator is crapping out. Put a voltage meter on it and watch the level.[/b]

I check it now. I'll see if the headlight stays on without running the warmers. I saw on another thread a guy having this same problem, but if he left the warmers on low heat, then no problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I check it now. I'll see if the headlight stays on without running the warmers. I saw on another thread a guy having this same problem, but if he left the warmers on low heat, then no problem.[/b]

On my 99 600, when it warmed up the idle use drop very low, and would have the same condition. What is you idle speen when warm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On my 99 600, when it warmed up the idle use drop very low, and would have the same condition. What is you idle speen when warm?[/b]
The idle is constant and the it's purring, but it looks like a vregulator problem. I fired it up again this morning and all lights and warmers were working good. So I pulled the hood up and took a look at the regulator and I could see illumination inside it between the two mounting posts. The illumination started to blink out and so did the lights/warmers. Got a new regulator ordered and see if it solves the problem. Thanks for the help.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts