Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a mxz 600 and I just got the clutching dialed in witha cat clutch.I am at 500 ft elevation and I go and ride at 1250 ft on tug hill and I have to click up to #5 from #3 to get my rpms back and backshifting.Can 750 ft make that much difference?The jetting is stock(280) and the pilots are 40's with 1 1/8 turn.I also have a tempa flow and plugs look good.When It gets cold It will pull the clutching at the 1250 ft but when it warms up thats when I have to click up to get my rpms back.Does anyone have any pointers on what to look for?could it be the jetting?Sorry so long just trying not to forget any details..Baddude

·
Registered
279 Posts
I never noticed any difference with that change in elevation. I do notice that when my belt has been over heated and glazed it will be down about 200rpms.

·
Registered
292 Posts
baddude,

As far as power goes you will make the same power at both elevations.  Not enough change for the clutches to notice.  My guess is where you ride at 500 ft, the length of time you are into the throttle is less than up on the hill.  I also have encountered the same problem.  It is just the difference in riding terrain.  Just tighten the driven on the cat to the next hole.  You should be using the cat "red/white" spring, not the yellow.  When you put the red spring in place the spring on the SECOND softest setting.  This spring increases rate rapidly, it will cure your problem and allow you to run a lower clicker.

GLHRACING

·
Registered
227 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll try that and let you know how it turns out thanks GLH racing.
Tb2,I checked my belt and it is good.Thanks guys!
Baddude  

1 - 4 of 4 Posts