Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thought it would be a good idea to hear some of th fuuny things people have done. We all have are moments.

I remember with my everest 500 I was having a hell of a time with the warm start up. And had a bad shoulder so to hold the gas and pull the cord was a no go . So I took a tie strap and decided to tighten it a little bit over the throttle. Well she started up. I found her about a mile awayhalfway up a sapling still spinning...

Brainfart!

seabass

·
Registered
580 Posts
I got pulled over on my sled by a cop in my subdivision.....on Valentines day.....

(My new clutch just came in and my wife told me to go fix it on V-day! :inlove: )

·
Registered
338 Posts
I tried to highmark and mis-judged the turn and slammed my sled into a tree, although I bailed before impact, big bruise on my leg and broke the bumper..but everyone saw it..

·
Registered
252 Posts
2 weeks ago my buddy called me and said lets go for a ride after supper.so of coarse i said i'm there.i ate my supper as fast as i could ,got suited up draged the sled out of the shop,fired it up and let it warm up for a few minutes.i locked up the shop hopped on the sled,hit the gas to go and it died.i pulled for about an hour and nothing,now i;m starting to loose my patience.by this time my buddy showed up wondering where is was.so i told him what happened,the first question out of his mouth.DID YA TURN THE GAS ON.needless to say i turned that switch and first pull as usual we were off. i was a little embarrased. :whistling:

·
Registered
593 Posts
Besides the usual gas shut off and kill switch, once i was out on the lake in a snow storm, could see about 15-20 ft in front of you so i wasn't going too quick. There were lots of evenly spaced wind drifts so i was jumping the face, landing in the trough to hit the next face and so on. Well soon enough I cased one that I didnt even see because it was soo snowy. Threw my knees up into the bars and my head into the windshield, cracked it right down the centre. The best part is I had only had the sled for like one weekend, lol.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
just todat his happened. i was riding the prox in the ditch to the gas station with two buddies. i cam over an aproach, then hit a mogul then tryed not to hit it but i caught a barried post with the ski and the sled went sideways and throw me about 15 feet, nothing borke on me or the sled

·
Registered
657 Posts
Today I was lucky. I was riding the trialway through a town I hadn't been on snowmobile before, and I didn't know the driveways crossed the trailway (yes, the street is on one side, the houses are on the other). Anyway I felt like showing off (as usual) so I gunned it. At 80 mph I realized: These are driveways I'm crossing! One of them dipped down good, and the other end was like a little ramp. Next thing I know "I see skies of blue..." LOL. Sometimes I think that Fusion thinks it's an airplane... it's certainly good at raising the flaps, that's for sure. Anyway it kept going straight and I had no problems afterwards. It must have been interesting to see from the living room window as I passed by it with the sled almost vertically, lol. Would have been cool if I had TRIED to do it, lol.

·
Premium Member
935 Posts
Today I was lucky. I was riding the trialway through a town I hadn't been on snowmobile before, and I didn't know the driveways crossed the trailway (yes, the street is on one side, the houses are on the other). Anyway I felt like showing off (as usual) so I gunned it. At 80 mph I realized: These are driveways I'm crossing! One of them dipped down good, and the other end was like a little ramp. Next thing I know "I see skies of blue..." LOL. Sometimes I think that Fusion thinks it's an airplane... it's certainly good at raising the flaps, that's for sure. Anyway it kept going straight and I had no problems afterwards. It must have been interesting to see from the living room window as I passed by it with the sled almost vertically, lol. Would have been cool if I had TRIED to do it, lol.[/b]

Awesome! :lmao:

·
oldslowsledder
6,491 Posts
Missed a turn on the trails years ago with the wife on the back, ended up sideways in the ditch. She insisted on her own sled after that episode!

·
Registered
117 Posts
haha just had 1 today, i was riding around in really heavy powder for this area, and i dont usually ride this back woods area but, me being stupid, i rode back there and i rammed into a rock! The snowmobile was completely sideways and the snow was up to my chest because of drifts. Well i walked out onto the street and surprisingly a friendly plow driver came and helped dig me out! haha lesson learned, dont drive alone or in backwoods without someone

·
Registered
593 Posts
Missed a turn on the trails years ago with the wife on the back, ended up sideways in the ditch. She insisted on her own sled after that episode![/b]

LOL. I bet you never heard the end of that one. :lmao:

·
Registered
657 Posts
Missed a turn on the trails years ago with the wife on the back, ended up sideways in the ditch. She insisted on her own sled after that episode![/b]
Well, that's one way to get her to ride her own machine, lol. I prefer the freedom and improved handling without someone on the back myself :D

·
Registered
393 Posts
I ran out of gas today, That has got to be the dumbest one! At least I was alone so I didn't ruin anyone elses riding experience.

·
Registered
578 Posts
One night a few years back I was out around 11:00 PM under a bright moon and I crested a hill right into the middle of a large herd of deer. I hit the brakes and stopped right smack in the middle of them and they stood there all around me staring. I reved the engine, yelled and they still looked at me. A couple were only a few feet away. I then thought if I scare them they may panic and head my way full tilt, so I decided to engage reverse and back slowly away. No sooner did I engage the reverse lever than all hell broke loose. They ran left, right, in front of me behind me jumping like crazy. I thought this would suck trampled by bambi. I near crapped myself and hit the gas to get out of there. As i lunged forwards into the bars I remembered the reverse. By the time I got er back in forward they were gone. So there I sat alone laughing to myself.

I did a reverse launch over the bars. I was standing backing up turning and gave er a shot, well my foot slipped and I nailed the gas with my side as I fell forwards. Thank God the kill switch was right above the gas and I rolled over that next or I'd likely still be ripping around in a reverse circle riding on the hood. Everyone had just walked around the corner to the clubhouse when this happend so my embarassement went un-noticed. I just climbed off where she stopped and walked over to the clubhouse like nothing had happended. LOL. I never back up standing anymore after that one.

Now that I'm thinking about it the list is pretty darn long -

rolled sled out front of the house climbing the snow bank onto the yard while the neighbours watched.

Caught the lip of the trailer with my ski and put myself on the bars while loading with an audience.

Sacked myself on the trailer tounge.

Slipped on a snowy trailer ski guide and fell on my face and slid off the back.

This would take quite a while to list all of them as I look back over the years!

·
Registered
4 Posts
i was jumping plow hills in a grocery store parking lot where they plow all the snow to one side and i didn't bother to look behind them. when i hit it i flew about 12 feet and cased another plow hill that was behind it from previous snow storm and a flew forward and landed on the hood.... now i have a short windshield with a crack in it. i amagin it probaly looked funy fromthe parking lot to see a snowmobile with someone on it fly into the airand come back down then see just someone flyinto the air with no snowmobile. lol

·
Registered
9 Posts
last year before i bought my sled i was riding my girlfriends mothers brand new yahama venture 2 up. i hadnt been on a sled for a while. 1/4 mile down the trail i entered a ditch on an angle and the ski caught funny in the bottom and i tipped it over. not even 100 miles on the 9 grand sled thats not mine. i will probably never live that down.

·
Registered
64 Posts
thought it would be a good idea to hear some of th fuuny things people have done. We all have are moments.

I remember with my everest 500 I was having a hell of a time with the warm start up. And had a bad shoulder so to hold the gas and pull the cord was a no go . So I took a tie strap and decided to tighten it a little bit over the throttle. Well she started up. I found her about a mile awayhalfway up a sapling still spinning...
Brainfart!
seabass[/b]

·
Registered
6 Posts
I was making a pretty hard left turn once, doing only 15MPH or so, next thing i know my right ski hits something and sends the right side of the sled airborn, and im already turning left so obviously im going all the way over! I had one knee on the seat riding around, so i figured i better jump off instead of going over with the sled. So i jump and and hang on to the bars still and my feet hit the snow and i take off running, planning to run with the sled long enough to right it and jump back on. Well I didnt get 3 steps in before I belly flopped face first into 14" of snow. After brushing myself off and getting the caked snow out of my face mask and helmet, i had to walk a good 80 yards down a slight decline where the sled finally stopped.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts