Snowmobile World banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of geting an enclosed trailer or a cap for my two place trailer . What is a good price for a cap or a trailer.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
They run around 1700 to 2000  around me here in Michigan. That is for a new trailer and cap. aps run arond 900.
caleb

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
don't know where your from (not shown in your profile) but Caleb is about right, convert to Canadian dollars are your still in the ball park.

$3000-4500 depending on brand of enclosed
$2000-2500 for the cap alone

Canadian Money

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
where are you from caleb? I don't see it either.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
fishhog im from a south suburb of chiago i have a floe two place trailer dont no if its better to add a cap to my current one or buy the whole trailer and cap. has anyone added a cap and whats a good brand.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
My location is in my profile but doesn't show up when your replying FYI. I'm in Ann Arbor,MI.  Trailers are cheao in the tri state area here. Becks prpane and trailer/marine is selling karavan 10' Aluminum trailers for 699 now!
Caleb

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
And the exchange rate isn't anything like you posted FishHog. Last week it was around $1.34 US to $1.00 CAD

·
Registered
530 Posts
$1.34 to $1.00....Where???
Here in Ontario to buy $1.00 American dollar at the bank you will spend approx $1.54 Canadain
To sell $1.00 American back to the bank you will get approx. $1.52 Canadain

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
To be exact, based on the Bank of Canada Rate today, Aug. 14th.

$1USD = $1.57CAN
$1CAN = $0.64US

Thats the bank rate, good luck getting it that good, most places are worse than that.

I wish I could find your rates Caleb, I would do much more cross boarder shopping.

FishHog

·
Registered
3,107 Posts
I am considering a 14' Floe w/protektor enclosure, have been quoted about $4500.00.  Thing to watch for with the enclosures is where/how they attach to the trailer.  Some caps take up space where your skis set on the trailer, thus reducing the width of your trailer bed.  From what I've researched, the Protektor cap is about the best.  If anyone comes across something better, please let me know.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
Soory guys I switched it up. i meant I'd get 1.34 cad for one US dolar. If the rate is 1.54 now thats great for me as i have some stuff to pick up up there.
Caleb

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
Come on anytime Caleb.  We Canucks galdly take your greenbacks.

Not as pretty as our money, but worth much more.

You can feel free to bring me over a few bottles of Boone's Farm on your way.  I haven't had that, since I was younger and stupider doing boarder runs for booze, in my canoe.

FishHog

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
FishHog,
   What is Boones Farm, must be some good booze? I have friends in Ontario. In London and they have a cottage on a bluff overlooking LK erie in Port stanley.
caleb

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
I can't believe you don't know what Boones Farm is.

Maybe its a Canuck thing.

Some kind of cheap wine drink, that tastes like Kool-aid.  We always buy some when were over there.

Just to add alittle more alcohol into the mix

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
its not just a canuck thing they drink Boones Farm around here as well.Caleb it is about as good as mad dog 20/20.cheap high ,real cheap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts