Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at a used 2001 10' Triton trailer with a cover.  They are asking $2050 for the package.  Is this a good deal?  Is there anything I should know about Triton trailers?  Thanks for any help

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
YOU CAN PROBABLY FIND A BETTER DEAL-IF YOU LOOK.SOUNDS A LITTLE HIGH.TRITON MAKES THE BEST TRAILERS ON THE MARKET.GOT ONE-WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER BRAND.

·
Registered
3,328 Posts
The only thing you need to know about Triton is that they are indeed the best.

·
Registered
483 Posts
I own a 2001 12' Elite with a cover,absolutely no problems at all. The Tritons come in 3 models, XT, LT, and Elite. Check out Tritons website at www.tritontrailers.com, it will give you the specifics to each model. Depends on what model you get,whether or not the asking price is close.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
What model is it and is it a Drive on drive off or tilt bed?  Price isn't bad for a drive on a little high for a tilt bed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey mainer,

I just looked at a 2001 triton elite with sled-dock cap today in Rochester, NH  (Rochester Sports Center).  They were asking 2,100.  It didn't look like it was used much but I went with a new one for 2,395.  For 300 dollars extra I wanted the warranty and to know that no-one else had abused it or whatever.  

It's pricey but I've been checking around and these trailers hold their value very well around NE area.  I found a couple of places were the new ones were 2,500.  

Also, if you're looking for ski guides this place had a set that will do both sides of a 10 foot trailer for 40 bucks - a lot better than some of the rip-off prices I've seen on the web.

Steve

·
Registered
107 Posts
I am throwing my 2 cents in.  I have a 10' triton elite and it is the best #### trailer I have ever owned hands down.  It is tough and pulls like a dream.  No cover on it but the trailer is great.  As far a covered trailers go, I cant comment yet, but I get to pick up my decked out Triton Prestige 227 in 15 days.  I will let you know how that is.

·
Registered
2,083 Posts
Before everyone crowns Triton King, if they are availble in your area check out porta dock.  They are built in Minnesota and are built a little heavier than Tritons Elite.  I have had 3 tritons up until I bought the pdt 2 years ago.  I have had zero problem with the triton but the ptd is built just a little better.  The biggest difference is they use the largest, thickest tongue in the industry and the ski-bars are in a channel that allows you to slide them back and forth for the ultimate adjustability.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the great info.  I just went and looked at the trailer.  It is a Triton XT, tilt bed with assist and track mats.  It is in real good shape, but seems a little pricey.  I think I will keep looking around.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts