Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
625 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the new Doo REV, and Cat Firecats on the market, why does anyone need to buy a Blade? will this be the end of it? For half the money you can have a sled that weighs 15-35 lbs more with basically all of the same features other than an M-10, which may not be a bad thing! What do you guys think?

·
Registered
1,139 Posts
I have never even considered a Blade. They are out of line, $$$ for no high end horsepower. They should be more powerful than a Tcat or Mach Z. Give me a triple, and be 440- 475 lbs. and I'll be writing a check.

·
Registered
11,658 Posts
slarson,
 the blade is not done yet, i don't know where to buy one and likely wouldn't. i hope it stays and same with the few others the have popped their head up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
manter recreation in oakland sells blades and yamahas. when i was in there signing paper work for my new viper i was talking to one of the guys that work in the shop and i asked him how many of the blades they sold?
and his reply was one. the owner of the store kept one. so you may be very right about the end of blade!
by the way, i was checking out redlines sleds and have you guys seen the 1300cc revolt??? 225hp outta the box. has anyone ridden one??? and how much are they

·
Registered
189 Posts
I was told that Yamaha bought out Red Line.  That is why the RX-1 looks so much like the Revolt.  If you look at the two of them together it makes sense to me.  It could be a rumor,  but a good one.

·
Registered
416 Posts
I paid $10,000 to ride 565 miles this year. Couldn't imagine spending over $20,000. Damn that's pricey

·
Registered
86 Posts
There is a dealer just north of Frankenmuth, MI that has 2 blades in his show room.  He said he hasn't sold one yet but he rode one and told me "Anyone who rides a Blade would never get on another snowmobile".  That is kinda funny 'cause I don't think he even bought one (though I can't be sure)- but who can blame him it is too much $$$.

·
Registered
105 Posts
There is a Boat dealer outside of Hastings, Mn that has had 2 blades sitting in their window since about August. I drive by them every day on my way to work. They actually had one outside last time it snowed. I'd hate to be the sled salesman on commission at that place. All they have is those 2 and they haven't sold them yet!

·
Registered
372 Posts
I saw some dude riding one around down here in SE WI over the weekend on the ice but didn't get a chance to talk to him.  More than likely,  they will sooner or later end up like the new Scorpion did.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts