Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had cylinders replated by US Chrome, new Wiseco pistons, and it still has no low end pull.

The sled is a 1997 ZR 440, it pulls hard above 6500 rpms, but from 5500 to 6500 it is a dog.
Carbs. are mostly factory settings, with a tempa-flo and v-force reeds.
Clutching is a D&D clutch kit.

I'm not sure what to try, we have two of these sleds, the other is stock, and pulls two sled lengths on me out of the hole.

Any ideas, suggestions.

Dave.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The sled has 3500 miles on it. about 2000 miles on the clutch kit.
The main jet are stock size (340 I think) it is set to my tempa-flo specs.

The low end has got worse ever year until it blew up last year. Don't know if it is the clutch becuase I put origanal clutch on last year with same results. The jetting I don't know to much about.

A

·
0 Posts
Try swapping out your clutches if you have another set. That's how I found out a bad bog in my ZRT was my drive clutch and not my carbs.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Ya I would say clutch. The jetting should be ok if the temp flow is set right. You may also have some carb problems I would take off and completely rebuild.

·
Registered
485 Posts
I agree with rest of the boys,clutching sounds like the problem.How many
miles on them?Do you take them appart during summer storage to releif
pressure?What kind of shape are weights in?Do you have the right polits
for the mods you have done?Is the right shim in the front clutch?I change
weights every 1500 miles,springs every 1000 ,rings every 2000 to kept
the 711 on her game.

Cape Breton Stock.......................................

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Ok, here's the update. I took off both clutches and cleaned them and put in the stock weights, spring(yellow/white) and helix (53°). No difference! :(

The sled seens to bog a little from engagment (5000) to 6500. When it hits 6500 it pulls real good.

My next step is to try the carbs. I cleaned them when I had the motor apart, but didn't change anything.

Any suggestions on what to check first?

Dave

·
Registered
139 Posts
Check your reeds make sure there in good condition with no cracks or anything. check your carb boots for leaks. And see if both cylinders are burning the same.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts