Snowmobile World banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just threw some new spark plugs in today, fired her up and let her burn off that summer gunk and let her idle for about 5 min. I baught the sled about a monthe ago and have only occasionally started it for a short period. Today at the end of the 5 min it was idleing at about 1800-2000 and it sounded a little fast, I wasn't sure if that was normal. It has V force 3 reeds, clutch kit, ported & polished heads, and a mbrp can. I have also been thinking about getting a new dynoport exhaust and can because my pipe is a little beat and the mbrp can is a little loud, the guy i baught it off said he got a ticket last year with it. Thanks for any help you have, I'm a new member.

·
Registered
2,782 Posts
Welcome to the site ! 1800 ~ 2000 rpm is not unusual. Actually, it's when the sled is fully warmed up and the idle goes up to 3500 rpm you should be concerned. That would indicate it being too lean and possibly throttle slide worn. Pilot circuits on the the carbs tend to be too lean. Wait for the white stuff and cool temps then re-evaluate.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts