Snowmobile World banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone drop that 809 into an S-2000? I wanted to ask Don some questions but can't find his email address.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
Rocketman the s-2000 and the f-2000 are the same chassis.
A tripple will bolt right in, you can even use stock pipe's from a 97 machz, they have be tweaked alittle but they will fit. Jaws also make's pipe's for the S-tripple and you have to run air filter's there is no room for a air box. Best to put the 800 tripple in the Zx chassis!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah..the problem is that I don't have a ZX
 I think it would be cool to show up next year with a sleeper like that! Maybe I will even put 440 sickers on it! Tell me more about these Jaws pipes for the S-tripple?

·
Registered
692 Posts
i tried to put a 97 form 3 600 into a 98 form 600 its not that easy wireing all dif. needed to grind down motor mounts, fill and re drill pain in the A$$. i would have to say have fun!

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I had a look on their website...the dyno numbers are good, but I don't want to spin the engine at 9000+ rpm. I want a set that will still give me decent torque off the bottom. Are the stock pipes that bad? I wasn thinking of crankshop as an alternative to stock... What I want here is a trail-able triple that will kick the snot out of everybody on the lake....(The age old challenge..I know I know...  
)

Folgers: What wiring did you have to do? I assumed that all the connections would be relatively the same since the only thing changing is the engine....  

This would be kind of a summer project....just an idea I am tossing around

·
Registered
692 Posts
i was going from a f 2000 i think or s 2000 to a ck 3 they are much difrent all the wireing was i took the handle bars off with all the wires on re did every wire on it and had to splice the headlight to get the 2 lights on the ck 3 i also had to do a couple motor mods to make it fit for the clutch to pull a line.

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Oh yeah...but I am going from a F-2000 to an S-2000....

Would I have those same problems if I bought a newer (CK3) engine and tried to put it in the S-2000 I wonder?

·
Registered
692 Posts
rocket  go to a on line micro ( fish ) page and check part #s and a newer ck 3 would have the same problem why wouldnt it? the problem i had was the bottom  of the motor and the water pump, also the hose for that pump that runs under the motor.
on the ck3 the pump comes out and does a 90 degree down and on the f 2000 it came straight out. i had the motor in and out about 30 times, and a lot of grinding. if you dont have air tools beware

·
Registered
756 Posts
'97 mach's have the pump outlet pointing straight out, I have done many swaps, you need to look at a few diffrent years to figure out the wireing differences but it is not very difficult. Do the swap it is a fun sled!! I have done two of them (809 f to s chassis) for customers. One w/ crank shop pipes, one w/ jaws. call greg at jaws he will prob. build you a set of his lower RPM pipes (8800 rpm) they work great.

·
Registered
19 Posts
If your interested, I might know where's there's a 99 ZX body that's sitting with nothing in it in SE Sask...I wanna see this thing when your done, I'm also in Saskatoon..

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
yeah....I would probably be looking at an F - S swap....97 into 97 to avoid the issues Folgers mentioned. It's good to see so many guys who are experienced in this kind of thing....if it ever get's off the ground I wil be calling on you guys for sure!

Rotax_Kid.....I would like to hear more about this ZX you have lying around....pricewise and generally more information....that could add a twist to the whole project....
Could be some ground-breaking R+D.....

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rocketman
  The swap is fairlly easy,i have done a few.I have found Jaws pipes work excellent and fit like a glove,however you do have to modify or remove one inside bumper bracket run k&n filters and change carb cable to triple cable.Stock 96-97 pipes will work if you cut and bend outer pipe to fit(bend inward mag pipe)all triple engines &cdi will fit together until 98 then you have to use 98 engine with that year cdi as they changed to dess.style 98and up.Also have to change to triple fuel pump,use motor plate from triple also.
                             good luck these sleds rock set up this way you'll see.     greygoat

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rocketman
  i forgot to mention a outfit in Ontario is oferring a swap kit for the triple into a zx chassis,they are called Bondi engine works if i remember right,they use Jaws pipes for the kit so call Greg at Jaws for there number
                   greygoat

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
OK so can someone give me the whole list of parts that I need from the Mach to make it go? So far I know I need the

engine,
clutches(or will the 670 clutches work??)
carbs.
steering post
pipes of some sort
cone filters (Most likely would buy Kickass filters)

fill the holes for me boys....'cause that is the extent of my knowledge.

Will my chaincase work? how about any reinforcements to the bulkhead?

Greygoat you mentioned that I will need to remove a bumper bracket.....would that compromise the integrity of the nose of the sled? I do still want to feel safe on the tight trails....also:

Do I need to coat the pipes to keep the hood from melting?
Are there any major electrical mods that have to be done?
What do I need as far as the cooling system?

I really don't know much about the triple engine, but I need to know what I will need in case I come across a wrecked Mach or something....

·
Registered
19 Posts
I personally don't have one lying around, but I'll do some digging this weekend and see what I can find..heading out to the hill climb in Duck Mountain this weekend?

·
Registered
4,316 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I wish. Looks like a term paper calling me this weekend. Wanted to hit the Swan Plain Poker Derby on sunday...there are snocross races in Swan River on saturday...that would have been cool too

1 - 20 of 24 Posts