Snowmobile World banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,068 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I'm going to put the EPI clutch kit in this weekend and was wondering if anyone else has used this kit? I've been told it does not work that well by some and some say it works fine :crazy: Please don't respond unless you have this in your sled :dazed:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Well I'm going to put the EPI clutch kit in this weekend and was wondering if anyone else has used this kit? I've been told it does not work that well by some and some say it works fine :crazy: Please don't respond unless you have this in your sled :dazed:[/b]
I'am a polaris mechanic, and i have worked on alot of con-fusions. save your money for a different sled. Have you had service bulletin #'s S-04-03, 04, 05, 07, 08, S-05-03, 05, 06, 07 or 07r, 08, 09, and S-07-07, completed?

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
EPI used to be a great place to buy clutch kits from, but as of recent years who knows, they have been kind of off the radar. Doesn't mean they aren't a good one, I just think it would be hard to find any info.

If you bought from them, they will support it if you need help down the road.

As far as buying a clutch kit for that sled, I would suggest Goodwin. IMO they are just about the best source for a out of the box clutch kit for any sled. They have experience on all sleds, not just one brand. I have sold at MANY goodwin kits for all sleds and have had nobody have a bad thing to say about them at all. Everyone leaves happy.

There is no better clutch kit that one you build your own though. Pick up the Aaen Clutch Tuning handbook and start reading.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Well I'm going to put the EPI clutch kit in this weekend and was wondering if anyone else has used this kit? I've been told it does not work that well by some and some say it works fine :crazy: Please don't respond unless you have this in your sled :dazed:[/b]
I have an 06, 900 ( Blue ) with an EPI clutch kit in it. I put it in at the end of last season so I only have 490 mile on it this year. I really like it. Its got a ton of midrange and the top end is better than stock. I could only get 108 mph out of it stock and on my last trip to northern Wisconsin I hit 114 without really trying. I think the EPI kit is a good kit. I am having a problem with the speedometer at idle. The needle wanders all over the dial when its idling, when I am moving it is fine. Maybe a bad sending unit on the driveshaft. ??? I unpluged the sending unit and rode a few miles and the needle never moves, even when I stop and let it idle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts