Snowmobile World banner

Epi clutch kit overreving

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  318 
#1 ·
my 99 mxz 600 is revving to about 8700 rpm with the epi clutch kit at #3 clicker postion.  Peak power is 8000 for this sled.  I changed the clicker position to #1 and it still revs about 8100-8200.  When i hold it full throttle from a dead stop the rpms shoot to about 8200 then come back down to 8100. After awhile they climb back up to 8200.  The gearing is stock and I have an 11/4 track on it.

#3 ·
the pin weight is stock, the clutch kit was installed by a ski-doo mechanic so I am not really sure what preload is set at or what the springs are.  The instructions said that the kit would function at 8000rpm with clicker set at #2 or #3.  Engagement is around what they said it would be at about 4700rpm.  Top speed is about 93mph on the speedo.  the dealer said this was so low because of the 11/4 track but I didn't think it would drop it that much? Sorry i don't have any more info.  Any advice would be appreciated.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.