Snowmobile World banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello SW gang. :D

Made you look didn't I ,so say hi back ok? Seriously, anything going on? any events at all? :lookaround:

Snow4

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
I have a big bass tournament coming up the end of the month. It's the Classic for last years NBAA Bass Overtime Series to be held at Houghton Lake. My partner and I finished second in our division last year in order to qualify. There are somewhere between 50 and 70 divisions around the U.S. I believe that the top 3 - 5 teams qualify from each division depending on the average number of teams fishing each week within that division. I think we actually have a pretty good shot at winning.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a big bass tournament coming up the end of the month. It's the Classic for last years NBAA Bass Overtime Series to be held at Houghton Lake. My partner and I finished second in our division last year in order to qualify. There are somewhere between 50 and 70 divisions around the U.S. I believe that the top 3 - 5 teams qualify from each division depending on the average number of teams fishing each week within that division. I think we actually have a pretty good shot at winning.[/b]
That sounds like a good time even if you didn't win, but I wish you the best of luck to win. Is there a 1st, 2nd, 3rd place ect?? Do they judge on weight and size ? Wow, from what you said there will be well over 150-175 people in the final? GOOD LUCK KEITH !

Snow4

·
Premium Member
5,122 Posts
Only 3 places are paid during the year at each weeks event. At the classic they will pay back at least 30 places with first place being a new Skeeter bass boat. There will be over 200 boats fishing in the tournament I am in (The Weekday Overtime Challenge). There will be another 125 boats in the Weekend Overtime Challenge Series Classic. That's 650 competitors total for the week. Wow, that's a lot of boats!

There are actually 3 tournaments in 3 days while we are at Houghton Lake and the winners of each days tournament will win a new bass boat. The first is for the Weekend Overtime Challenge which I did not fish. The second is for the Weekday Overtime Challenge. And for the third day they are taking the top twenty boats from the Weekend Challenge and the top thirty boats from the Weekday Challenge. The winner of that day is the overall champion and they will also receive a new Skeeter.

It's going to be exciting, no matter how we do.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
this weekend blossomtime parade, next weekend, turkey hunt, weekend after that is supposed to be prom but im turkey hunting instead.

·
10,054 Posts
good luck on your fishing tourney there Keith,,,, hope you bring that new bass boat home with ya!!!!

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
this weekend blossomtime parade, next weekend, turkey hunt, weekend after that is supposed to be prom but im turkey hunting instead.[/b]
Is there any reason why you can't turkey hunt and go to the prom? I wouldn't have missed my prom, but then I know girls look at it different.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
yes there is a reason. The place i turkey hunt is 3 hours north of where i am. Im leaving friday and not coming back till sunday. No sense in coming back down saturday for prom. Might as well stay up and get my moneys worrth out of my trukey license. Plus I only get 2 weekends to hunt. Dont worry, i also get next year, im definately not missing next year because it's my senior year.
Is there supposed to be a connection betwen prom and turkey hunting???? I dont see whats so funny.

·
Super Moderator
9,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yes there is a reason. The place i turkey hunt is 3 hours north of where i am. Im leaving friday and not coming back till sunday. No sense in coming back down saturday for prom. Might as well stay up and get my moneys worrth out of my trukey license. Plus I only get 2 weekends to hunt. Dont worry, i also get next year, im definately not missing next year because it's my senior year.
Is there supposed to be a connection betwen prom and turkey hunting???? I dont see whats so funny.[/b]
No connection, forget I said anything. Enjoy your turkey hunt. Good Luck with it.

Snow4

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
Yeah, i had some of my friends say that i was stupid for skipping prom for turkey hunting. Hunting is more important to me than prom. Hunting is my traditon, i am very paaionate about hunting and fishing. If i dont hunt i dont feel like im keeping the sport alive. Also trukey hunting costs MUCH less than prom.

I was VERY pissed when dove hunting didnt get passed in MI last year.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts