Snowmobile World banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is last year.. a noise in my 500 formula,I had my brother ride it with his dig. camera taping the noise. REMEMBER the reason the noise fades in and out is him giving it throttle then letting off throttle etc. so you can here the noise fade in and out .(this noise is taping in between 20-30 mph. so lets here what you think this damn noise is???
let me know if the link doent work! type in code then click "down load your file here" sled noise?

http://www.badongo.com/vid/289198

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot the most important info that goes with this... this sound ONLY starts after its warm a few miles or so,then once it starts making the noise it stays!
until its completely cold then its gone till its warm again. :cussing: :crazy:

SOUNDS LIKE A BEARING TO ME...but wanted other input

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
come on.. someone has to have some thought as to what might make this noise :p

·
Registered
335 Posts
I downloaded, watched and listened to your video.. I can't hear the knocking... Too much wind noise..

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that weering noise is the noise Im talking about!
whining or what ever you want to call it .

·
Registered
496 Posts
Did you swap out the drive belt ? I heard the noise and it sounds like a belt I had once. You only heard it when the engine had a load on it ,up in the air you heard nothing .

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
No thats about the only thing left to change! (drive belt) I havent rode it yet since the new jackshaft and driveshaft bearings in the chaincase side yet,I have a Gates Xtreme belt on there.I probably should try my new belt and see if that also might help.

and on the end caps they are good (smooth)

I appriciate the replys,and any ideas Im open to all of them :thumbsup:
But I think the only thing left would be the belt... if the belt is doing it what would I look for visualy?? It looks ok as far as looking at it,but I havent taken it off and looked at it yet either . THANKS GUYS

·
Registered
496 Posts
[
But I think the only thing left would be the belt... if the belt is doing it what would I look for visualy?? It looks ok as far as looking at it,but I havent taken it off and looked at it yet either . THANKS GUYS
[/quote]

I didnt see anything wrong with my belt either . It was a ultimax , It was maybe 50 miles old . In fact right now I just changed a belt that would thump over 25mph , If I take a pic of it were its damaged you couldnt tell. My wife smoked it , well wasnt her fault . It was very cold and we went out , she stop and the track froze to the slides and she gave it gas and no go I had to pound the track off the slides but the belt was already shot.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Swap it ! see what it does if it goes away great if it dont oh well .

Remember you can try everything once but suicide :thumbsup:

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Swap it ! see what it does if it goes away great if it dont oh well .

Remember you can try everything once but suicide :thumbsup:[/b]
Hey thats good advice,never heard that one! :D :thumbsup:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts