Snowmobile World banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering what sled would be the favourite among the forum between a 95 /96/97/98 mach1 ,and the favourite anmong the 95/96/97/98 machZ.I am looking to buy one and I really don't know much mechanically about them, or how they compare to one another for reliability. I'm not looking to drag. I have a 01 mxz500 as well, but I was looing to pick up a second sled with some giddy-up. Any comments would be greatly appreciated.!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
i run a 98 mach 1 clutched and dyno port stingers it giddy gos the mach is faster?  the newer the better i think! the set up i have takes stock mach zs out of the hole but then  passes me by!!

·
Registered
692 Posts
i run a 98 mach 1 clutched and dyno port stingers it giddy gos the mach is faster?  the newer the better i think! the set up i have takes stock mach zs out of the hole but then  passes me by!!

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
I look at it as the newer the better!  Go with a 98'.  I can't help you with which one to get though
 GOOD LUCK!

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
the 98's had the center dump pipes also correct?they are not as good of pipes.

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
just get after market pipes...or am I missing the point?

·
Registered
3,910 Posts
Yup if you got aftermarket pipes your going to be ahead of the game.  

It would be a killer sled.  Just dont get ones that are to loud.  The Mach sends out amazing sound that really carries.  

Nothing beats a Mach Z with pipes firing up at a gas station.  EVERY ONE LOOKS.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I was told that the center dump pipes put out better midrange power than the end dumps do.  

Personally, I would rather have more power at midrange because I have yet to ride on a lake.

I don't know....just relaying what I have heard.

-Josh

·
journeyman sled/motorhead
4,440 Posts
well if midrange is your game then i  say your a formula rider not a mach rider.why go to the extra expence of pipes if you dont have to buy any year but 98.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts