Snowmobile World banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey-

I've got an 88 Exciter and it uses two strips that get screwed in on either side of the instrument cluster to hold the windshield to the headlight shroud. I need both of them. Has anybody found a source for these as Yamaha has discontinued them. I've been trying various salvage yards to no avail.

Thanks for any help guys.

Dan

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Almost 2 years later and I'm still looking...

Every junkyard I've tried doesn't have the parts, they usually disappear when the windshield gets damaged apparently...

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hey-

I've got an 88 Exciter and it uses two strips that get screwed in on either side of the instrument cluster to hold the windshield to the headlight shroud. I need both of them. Has anybody found a source for these as Yamaha has discontinued them. I've been trying various salvage yards to no avail.

Thanks for any help guys.

Dan[/b]
http://216.37.204.206/xtremepowersports/Ya...p;A=38&B=29

I think this dealer will have your part you need it gives you a price on the windshield parts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh I hope they have them! The order went through online, but I'm more then expecting a call saying they don't have them. If Yamaha finally came up with a substitute then even better. In any event, thanks for finding that. Their site looks familiar - I recall it only going back to 1990 sleds before? Oh well. just wait and see.

Dan

·
Registered
496 Posts
I was just at a swap meet and they had a whole upper pod with windsheild . Tell us if you find them so I can keep alook out .

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well they charged my card today so I am assuming they are coming...

The P/N for future reference on this post is 82M-77218-00-00.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Well they charged my card today so I am assuming they are coming...

The P/N for future reference on this post is 82M-77218-00-00.[/b]
Thats great they have parts i will use them to buy parts for my old 93 exciter sx

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bad news, they don't have them either. Discontinued for good I guess. A little upset that they didn't inform me they didn't have the parts, and that they charged my card.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts